• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm a huge fan too.

I've concluded during this series that it's the Duke rather than English conditions that make him so much better at home. I think he's just mastered all the tricks with it - inswing, outswing, wobble seam - and the skill doesn't translate to a Kookaburra. It's been a decent summer for batting and he's still taking a pile of wickets at <20.
I tend to agree but he was absolutely useless in the West Indies recently, and they use it there too.

The wickets were flat but he was visbily crap. It tends to invalidate the argument I'd be otherwise inclined to make enthusiastically.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really hate the leg slip position. You're virtually never going to take a wicket there and it screws up the bowler's lines.
They got Smith with it in 2019, I think only once, but it clearly messed with his system because he wasn't used to worrying about keeping down his flicks to fine leg. Maybe they're overdoing it now but the odd ball targeting leg stump has been part of their plans. And they'll be happy with how few runs he's scored this summer.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I know Australian’s find Marnus’ “NO RAAAAHN!” calls to be hilarious but I find it to be one of the most obnoxious things I’ve ever heard, right up there with the noises my old flat mate used to make whilst eating with their mouth open. Not looking forward to hearing it for hours on end when Australia tour here next summer.

Qlder

International Debutant
Even English commentators saying ball change ridiculous England need to lose now or its #cheatingPoms