• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
I have him on ignore. Don't mind all the Aussies, but this fool is just not worth engaging with.

I guess you can't do that in your 'position'.
Praising good cricket shits is all I asked for crying out loud

I maybe a fool but I know a good shot when it’s played and that’s for both sides

Spark

Global Moderator
Lyon hadn't even made his FC debut at the same age, for reference. Anyone that thinks Murphy is a hack plain hasn't watched enough of him bowl.
How many FC games had Lyon played before he went to SL? Can't have been more than single figures, like Murphy

CartyDurham

International Captain
why are you bothered what people are choosing not to post?
I’m asking for an opinion ? Those were good shots and people were posting saying half vollies were being served up

so intimating there were down to bad bowling . It’s allowed to say good shot to an opposition player but on here it’s not done

anyway, what’s the point. Enjoy the game and I’ll not bother anymore

Spark

Global Moderator
His Test debut was his 6th FC match. Played 4 Shield games + a tour match.
At least Murphy won't have the "problem" that Lyon where he was absolutely **** every time he went back to the Shield despite still doing the business at Test level, based on how he's started so far

Spark

Global Moderator
Is he considered a long way ahead of Swepson ?
Oh yeah miles ahead these days, Swepson has fallen off a cliff unfortunately. Kuhnemann probably the next after Lyon and Murphy but we've got problems (or we're touring India again) if we're playing him; it's Lyon, Murphy and then a big gap to the rest to the best of my knowledge.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is he considered a long way ahead of Swepson ?
Swepson's completely lost it IMO. Not even sure he's Shield standard at this point. He's certainly well behind both Lyon and Murphy, and they picked Kuhnemann over him in India.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hate finger spinners as it’s basically what you bowl when you can’t bowl anything else

Murphy is really talented but he’s young

Not saying much but he’s already a better bowler than Mo and Leach but got handled terribly in his last test

91Jmay

International Coach
Oh yeah miles ahead these days, Swepson has fallen off a cliff unfortunately. Kuhnemann probably the next after Lyon and Murphy but we've got problems (or we're touring India again) if we're playing him; it's Lyon, Murphy and then a big gap to the rest to the best of my knowledge.
I miss the days of Doherty, Micky Beer, Agar and McGain. One of the few areas Australian genuinely absolutely woeful in for a prolonged period post Warne/Pre Lyon.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I hate finger spinners as it’s basically what you bowl when you can’t bowl anything else

Murphy is really talented but he’s young

Not saying much but he’s already a better bowler than Mo and Leach but got handled terribly in his last test
He isn’t a better bowler than leach

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah not really having him as noticeably better than Leach tbh at the moment, lot of potential given his age so he'll likely be pretty clear but Leach is decent option.