• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test (The Oval, London) 27-31 July

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah Richardson might be permacrocked, Morris still raw and his non-WACA record has legitimate question marks and Johnson’s played all of 2 Shield matches. None of the alternatives are that proven, especially as Boland’s probably ruined any chances of another crack.
I do think we can move beyond Hazlewood and play someone else this summer though. Pakistan and West Indies is not the most challenging for us.

The problem with Johnson and Morris is that we haven't much indication so far they're going to be any more durable than any of our other glass bowlers. Morris could use a bit of help with his run up too - he needs to run in a bit faster like Wood.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even start now

still crawling at 4.95 per over . Need to up the rate
The important part for England supporters in this regard is to then complain they threw their wickets away when they get out slogging instead of playing sensibly, thereby costing themselves not only this series but the mantle as the greatest test playing team of all time

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Cummins getting the ball to nip around nicely here. One earlier in the over nipped back on Root, and then that last one was a beauty. Nipped off the seam with a bit of extra bounce.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you take away the captaincy and the unabomber rhetoric, Cummins is a good cricketer

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cummins getting the ball to nip around nicely here. One earlier in the over nipped back on Root, and then that last one was a beauty. Nipped off the seam with a bit of extra bounce.
Cummins is up there with Garner as arguably the best first change bowler of all time. Neither is-was any slouch with the new ball either, but both crazy good bowling first change

91Jmay

International Coach
Honestly, not really
I must admit I haven't really followed Aus domestic for a while, thought Steketee, Neser & Richardson were quality options. 5 was OTT but I reckon if Aus had a horror and had 3 front line pacers out they'd still put out a competent lineup.

That's an awful Rooty way to get out, extra bounce in this surface. Good decision to bowl first :ph34r:

RightArmMystery

U19 Vice-Captain
Christ, what an awful shot that was. Nipped in nicely, but not great from Root. Well we're definitely gonna be 5 down at lunch now.