• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jim Maxwell on "the incident" says that the umpire's surely should have offered the opportunity to withdraw the appeal because yes, you can do it within the rules, but it just leaves a bad taste in the mouth-the spirit of the game is important,
I don't really get all the fuss. This kind of dismissal actually happens at lower levels more often than you think and keepers are often underarming at the stumps to catch the batsman out of the crease.

I think it looked worse here because Bairstow so quickly walked out of the crease without waiting

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Some disappointing behaviour by the members in the Long room, they know better.

Rules are made to be followed.
If I'd had been in the longroom, not that I would gave been, I'd have nutted Warner or Labushchagne- nevermind shouted at them.

I thought the Aussies complaining was pathetic as well considering what players from all sides put up with on the pitch

Spark

Global Moderator
If I'd had been in the longroom, not that I would gave been, I'd have nutted Warner or Labushchagne- nevermind shouted at them.

I thought the Aussies complaining was pathetic as well considering what players from all sides put up with on the pitch
We don't know what was said.

And in general - and this goes for the Aus crowds too which have been horrendous at times in the last few years, especially at Sydney - I have a pretty low tolerance for spectators abusing players in professional sporting games. It's their game, not yours, you're just invited to watch.

Socerer 01

International Captain

lmao so much for tolerance

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I do understand their thinking to be fair. Happy to give up 1.5rpo and daring Stokes to try a slog. Eventually he did and it got them the wicket.
Yeah I just think they’d have got Broad earlier if he’d faced more balls

Sheesh that’s rattled him. Not good