• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering respective conditions the sides have batted in I'd say it's far far worse than a 91-run deficit looks. We're very lucky to only be that far behind. We've played like a team 300 behind the opposition, who themselves haven't even played that well, Smith aside. I mean they haven't had to. It's only a 'close' game by luck.

Niall

International Coach
[/QUOTE]
Broad is a good guy and a great bowler

Now for a shower

Dunno about good guy, KP said he was a bully in his book and ran with a clique ,,him Anderson Prior and Swann.

Never thought he and Anderson had much respect for Root as captain either.

Great bowler but unsure about he been a top bloke like most here.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there something up with brook that makes him struggle vs the short stuff/extra bounce from the deck? He looked village when he played in the BBL for the hurricanes a few years back and still looked terrible in AUS conditions in the last t20 WC over here. Also got out to the short stuff when he made his test debut vs SA and now here.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha poms after gonna bazball their way to a whitewash at home 😂 where's chris hinton
Chris is sitting in the corner of his room rocking backwards and forwards whispering "England's day to dominate...England's day to dominate" over and over again.

Mind you, he didn't say whether it was bat or ball, so if we're 50/5 in 15 overs time, he's still right.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah. :( Did serve us right for some of the teams we picked against them, though.
Australia just going to show that having a few plans can do the world of good, instead of repeatedly banging your head against the wall and expecting to get different results.

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
Aus are by no means safe in this Test match but holy **** is that a missed opportunity for England. They really could have put Aus to the sword in that innings with only three and a half bowlers plus part timers.
Weren't ruthless enough and utter stupidity was demonstrated at 188-1. I have turned off because if they don't care then why should we

Spark

Global Moderator
Is there something up with brook that makes him struggle vs the short stuff/extra bounce from the deck? He looked village when he played in the BBL for the hurricanes a few years back and still looked terrible in AUS conditions in the last t20 WC over here. Also got out to the short stuff when he made his test debut vs SA and now here.
He hits the pull shot naturally from low to high and he seemed to be actually fighting himself to not do it, and so got in some horrible positions against the short ball.