• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Some excellent commentary from Nasser re. Smith's retirement speculation

"What else is he going to do??"

I've been saying the same myself for years. Going to sound harsh but I imagine Steve Smith would be as close to a useless human as you can get if not for playing cricket
Maybe become a Cricket Administrator or something.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
There was a depressing number of dibby-dobbers doing big numbers back in that time. Lot of bowlers that got utterly exposed when the pitches started to get better.
One of the most dramatic was Gurinder Sandhu taking poles at historically good numbers in his first few seasons, so much so he got picked in some JamODIs for Australia. Has looked completely innocuous since.

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Smith has scored 9079 runs at 59.73 with 32 hundreds and 37 fifties. He will be remembered as one of the greats of the game. And some people still want to criticise his playing ability.