• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test (Lord's, London) 28 June–2 July

CartyDurham

International Captain
This more like it. Dismal England lose Ashes in 10 days

that’s what it is all about

forget this winning lark. That’s so lacking in fundamentals and it’s time to play for draws at best

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
If Head is still in when the new ball is taken, things could get even uglier in terms of the scoring rate...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think it was Darren Gough who retired after a test like this at lords. No fanfare with on the pitch applause. Just jacked it in when the game had finished

Anderson has been anaemic in the two tests and I wanted him to go out at the oval
Yes it was, in 2003 against SA. Willis may have done too in 1984, although he may have played in the 3rd test and then called it a day.
I hope this series isn't awful for Branderson, but things aren't looking good. As others have said, at least Jimmy's been economical today. But if they couldn't take advantage of conditions for the first session and a half, maybe anno domini has caught up with them.

CartyDurham

International Captain
fancy choosing to bowl. It was so obvious a bat first.

Cummins would have bowled if he had won the toss. He did say that but Australia would still be batting now as they are fundamentally better in all aspects

Spark

Global Moderator
fancy choosing to bowl. It was so obvious a bat first.

Cummins would have bowled if he had won the toss. He did say that
Bowling first was absolutely the right call. But you definitely don't still want to be bowling by stumps then; you're liable to be well behind the game in that case - not this far behind mind you

CartyDurham

International Captain
Bowling first was absolutely the right call. But you definitely don't still want to be bowling by stumps then; you're liable to be well behind the game in that case - not this far behind mind you
I agree. Dross bowling and hideous fielding is being deservedly punished

of course there’s been a lot of superb batting in between

Preed

U19 12th Man
England hopelessly out played and the ashes in danger already.So much for the arrogance of Stokes and maybe he should ask the fans Bazbal gallant loss or a boring win .Me a win