• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I kind of expected us to lose a test to a funky declaration but I will be honest I expected it to be on day 4/5 to set a target and not on day 1 with the best bat in the side scoring for fun. It looked awful at the time and looks worse now obviously.

Australia strong favourites for a series win as England will keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Gob

International Coach
Hearing rumours Stokes just asked for an eclair on the first evening and the team misheard him.
Well he put his arms up while doing that. That's a weird way to ask for a eclair

Anyways that kind of a declaration is good if its a day night game and you want to utilise the conditions or the conditions are generally helpful regardless but its not wise to do it on an absolute road on a full sunny day and against a team which has batsmen renowned for making big scores on flat wickets. I don't understand how some people can't see that. It's not being brave or risking defeat in pursuit of victory. Its plain stupidity