• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

Spark

Global Moderator
Amazing win. Congrats to all Aussie fans here. Cummins was immense. And justice for Khawaja's knocks.

Still think it will be a close series if England keep their heads and not get too down about this. But today is all about Cummins and Lyon. They were amazing.

Sorry to all England fans here. It can be heartbreaking, such losses. But I still think you can win this series.
Yeah for me England played the more consistent cricket in this game but lost too many big moments. Usually it's the other way around in English Ashes Tests

subshakerz

International Coach
Amazing win. Congrats to all Aussie fans here. Cummins was immense. And justice for Khawaja's knocks.

Still think it will be a close series if England keep their heads and not get too down about this. But today is all about Cummins and Lyon. They were amazing.

Sorry to all England fans here. It can be heartbreaking, such losses. But I still think you can win this series.
Definitely. The game has shown Australia are not as strong as they appear. But advantage is still theirs.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
And rightfully so, don't you think? That decision more than anything else lost England this test.
Yes it has to be said it was a bold but stupid move. An hour ago it looked like he could have pulled it off . It's time to put ideas like that to bed.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well ****, I was wrong here.
Impressed that England have been good for some really high quality Test cricket.

Still, the Pommy bastards will choke it all away when it really matters on the 5th day, mark my words.
Another close loss, after that ridiculous 1st innings declaration, is nothing if not bottling it.

I'll give you that. But England don't deserve it, and won't win. And calling that shot is equally sweet.
But oh so right on this one. This is a chokejob by the bowling side when down to the last 2 wickets, with so many runs to score, pure and simple.

Imagine now if Australia win something like 2-1, with a couple of rain effected draws?

Stokes' idiotic captaincy decision making in the critical moment of this first match, would be really justifiable grounds for crucifixion by the English fans and media.

And I'm here for it. :D