• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
Also Brooky didn't have grandchildren who are Australian.
That’s me. My kids are in Adelaide and the Gold Coast. I’ve never been to Australia but my wife has.

harvey bay was the first place they settled until they got their citizenships and moved on

im an open book me,

I know now that posting scores is a no no, so that ends .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m not now. I am a bit shocked at calls for a ban though. I can’t believe that one and it got a like
There was a bloke here who recently copped a ban who began by posting in a style not completely dissimilar to yours before turning into something utterly repugnant. As with any forum that’s been around a long time, regulars get suspicious at that sort of thing. Can understand your being upset by it

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
On TMS they've got 2 Aussie blokes who do the grade cricketer podcast - seem decent blokes - any Aussies listen to their pod, is it worth a listen

CartyDurham

International Captain
There was a bloke here who recently copped a ban who began by posting in a style not completely dissimilar to yours before turning into something utterly repugnant. As with any forum that’s been around a long time, regulars get suspicious at that sort of thing. Can understand your being upset by it
I fully understand that but please I’m being very open here. I’m posting pics of my dog and sharing things about family

I’m here solely for the great sport and a wider range of cricket views.

im not here to create anything that’s upsetting . I don’t need that in my life

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On TMS they've got 2 Aussie blokes who do the grade cricketer podcast - seem decent blokes - any Aussies listen to their pod, is it worth a listen
Yeah they’re pretty good value. Take the piss mercilessly. Their social media accounts give you a decent idea about their podcast. I used to work with one of their father’s. He was pretty astonished at how they got so big.

chunksafc

U19 12th Man
Whats everyone think then? If play starts around 1.10 ish and the rain stays away will the Aussies go for it? maybe 50 overs of play today, so it seems a reasonable target to chase?

Spark

Global Moderator
I’m not now. I am a bit shocked at calls for a ban though. I can’t believe that one and it got a like

anyway it’s over. So sad that this fantastic match may only end up a draw . If the rest of the series is anything like this, we will have a great summer
This place has a bad history with the ghosts of banned members past returning to haunt us and the individual he has in mind did try to come back under a different name once (at least I think so), but yeah @Molehill this is why multi accusations tend to be not a great thing to throw around without hard evidence.

CartyDurham

International Captain
I read she’s a rescue? Great going. Our rescue is 14 now and just got through cancer surgery. He’s a lunatic but a loveable one
She was, and I posted a pic of her on the first day we rescued her. She was literally bone and skin.

I’ve had dogs since the mid 70s but this one is unique. She is the most loving dog I’ve ever had. I stand up from the settee and she jumps on her hind legs for a cuddle. I’m only going to the toilet

I’ve had two Jack Russells , one who got to 19, I’ve had a Dalmatian and Labrador both rescue dogs

I even had an Alsatian collie cross, who on a Boxing Day on 1998 , ran into our house as the mrs was putting something in the rubbish bin

She stayed for 13 years. Where she came from was a complete mystery

CartyDurham

International Captain
Whats everyone think then? If play starts around 1.10 ish and the rain stays away will the Aussies go for it? maybe 50 overs of play today, so it seems a reasonable target to chase?
I think that’s when it may restart and that sort of target in an odi , would be straightforward. On this fifth day pitch with cloud cover, the Aussies will have to play brilliantly to get there

CartyDurham

International Captain
This place has a bad history with the ghosts of banned members past returning to haunt us and the individual he has in mind did try to come back under a different name once (at least I think so), but yeah @Molehill this is why multi accusations tend to be not a great thing to throw around without hard evidence.
I fully accept and understand but I’m not anyone who has been on here before, I didn’t know it existed until last week, when this test started

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading and posting.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing it must be light until REALLY late as Edgbaston is 52 degs nth and it is the longest day tomorrow for you guys in the nh, so what are the rules around finish times?