• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

CartyDurham

International Captain
If SOC says something an Englishman has done is decent, it means it’s other worldly brilliant
:laugh: Bairstow was at his absolute full stretch taking it . Any Aussie keeper would be over the moon with a catch like that

it’s all opinions though but though I’m England if an Aussie does something I’ll say it. Khawaja was brilliant today. It was old school style but brilliant to see

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
:laugh: Bairstow was at his absolute full stretch taking it . Any Aussie keeper would be over the moon with a catch like that

it’s all opinions though but though I’m England if an Aussie does something I’ll say it. Khawaja was brilliant today. It was old school style but brilliant to see
Just sticks in my throat he should have been out for 112 instead of 126 NO overnight. However before then will admit he didn't give us any opportunities to get him out

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
They were 8 down with only Anderson to come , so the declaration wasn't as wild as some are suggesting, they had chances today and did not take them. Nonetheless England are still in the game especially if they break this partnership early.
I still see it as wild...but we'll see where the next 3 days take us.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Just sticks in my throat he should have been out for 112 instead of 126 NO overnight. However before then will admit he didn't give us any opportunities to get him out
Agreed. He went all day without an error until an absolute beauty by Broad demolished his stumps. By an inch a no ball

Woodster

International Captain
Another captivating day of Test cricket, momentum subtly switching at crucial times when one side appear to be gaining an assertive upper hand.

A different day of Test cricket to the opening day, a more circumspect Aussie effort with the bat which could prove to be even more effective if they go past England’s total. Couple of crucial errors from Bairstow behind the stumps and Broad overstepping could see our lead erased by lunch.

This one’s surely going down to the wire isn’t it and setting up a fantastic series ahead?!

CartyDurham

International Captain
Another captivating day of Test cricket, momentum subtly switching at crucial times when one side appear to be gaining an assertive upper hand.

A different day of Test cricket to the opening day, a more circumspect Aussie effort with the bat which could prove to be even more effective if they go past England’s total. Couple of crucial errors from Bairstow behind the stumps and Broad overstepping could see our lead erased by lunch.

This one’s surely going down to the wire isn’t it and setting up a fantastic series ahead?!
That’s a pretty good summing up of the day. i agree completely

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was brilliant. He was full stretch one handed. Those catches are brilliant no matter who took them

it wasnt carrying to first slip either
Sorry but no. Most keepers would have anticipated and moved a lot better than he did and wouldn't have needed a big one-handed dive. It was a regulation keepers catch that he made look a lot harder than it was

Burgey

Jeff Thompson watching Live Proceddings at the Ground with his wife (red dress)
Jeff can dress as he pleases mate.

Anyone got links to some extended highlights please? Saw none of it last night but seems another great day’s play. 3-60 to 5/311 with Smith and Marnus not contributing is some come back. Game shaping up beautifully

CartyDurham

International Captain
Sorry but no. Most keepers would have anticipated and moved a lot better than he did and wouldn't have needed a big one-handed dive. It was a regulation keepers catch that he made look a lot harder than it was
That’s fair comment but when you look it was about two feet in front of first slip at absolute full stretch

nothing regulation about a keeper taking one in front of first slip off a pace bowler and a big outside edge first ball by one of the best players in the world

It’s only opinion of course , I thought it was brilliant. Others don’t but it doesn’t matter. Its just the fun of watching cricket for me

CartyDurham

International Captain
Jeff can dress as he pleases mate.

Anyone got links to some extended highlights please? Saw none of it last night but seems another great day’s play. 3-60 to 5/311 with Smith and Marnus not contributing is some come back. Game shaping up beautifully
Can you see Skysports uk stuff ok?

if so check out their website skysports cricket and skysports cricket Twitter

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Think England are still ahead at this point. This deck should break up over the next few days and the Overhead conditions should give the seamer something to work with even if it's flat. Ide say a 50 run lead is roughly par and anything over 100 lead is advantage AUS.

Really need Carey and khawaja to bat through for atleast another 100 runs. Where fielding a tail of a bad #9, a #10 and 2 #11's. We'll be lucky to get 40 runs from the 8-11 combined.

England's catching really let them down today. If they take even one of the 4 chances today there looking at a 100 run lead and a chance to bat under sunny skies tomorrow morning.

Burgey

Also, Alex Carey is turning into a very valuable contributor these days.

Despite his 2019 WC, I didn’t have him pegged as someone whose test game would suit English conditions but looking at the scorecard, that’s a hell of an important knock.

Speaking of which - Usman. I gather from what’s been said the deck is pretty slow and starting to turn - he’d have to be in or close to an ATG Aus slow wicket XI now, wouldn’t he? Justcrazy for a bloke who couldn’t play spin at all a few years ago