• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My gut says that after late in the day partnerships like that, you normally get a couple of early breakthroughs next day. We’ll see of course
Ball does nothing for the seamers when the sun is out so need to hope for an overcast morning

CartyDurham

International Captain
To be fair to Bairstow a little bit but he’s hardly played in the last 10 months or so

the stumping miss was a fantastic ball that turned and bounced big and even the best keepers may have missed that one

the catch missed off Carey was a poor one though

anyway this is a great test match building and I hope the weather allows a result either way

loterry1994

International Debutant
Foakes and Bairstow should both be in the starting 11. Don’t think England has to worry as much about their batting because they bat till like 9. But those chances today and you’ll get a lot more of those in the sub continent should be taken. Bairstows a very fine fielder as well

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
A day of missed opportunities for England with the dropped chances and missed stumping.

We have to find a way of getting Foakes in to the side, and many of us were saying that before the match.

We bowled OK on a pretty unresponsive pitch and I'm sure Moeen, Jimmy and Robinson will be better for the outing.

The Aussies battled well late on. Khawaja played really well as did Carey and Head.

All in all, still pretty evenly poised, with both sides still looking for a lead.

Another great day's play and hopefully more to come.

mustardcharlie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Massive chance there will be rain from 2pm onwards I'm afraid. Think 8% chance of a draw is very optimistic. 80% chance of thunderstorms between 4 and 6. Don't think either side will have time to force a win, given a docile pitch and strength of batting.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Im new so I don’t know if it’s allowed about betting but there is 5/2 for the draw, 6/5 Aussie win and 2/1 England win available in bookies world

if it’s not allowed I apologise and won’t do it again

decent odds