• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test (Edgbaston, Birmingham) 16–20 June

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A balanced session that one. Australia got two wickets early into the session, but Jonny and Joseph have batted well and form a decent partnership. It's a good wicket to bat on and both look set.

The tea-break will break their focus a touch...but these two can hang in there and bat out the rest of the day.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4 of the 5 wickets today have been lost defending or leaving but if England get a sub par score that fact will presumably be completely ignored
Duckett and Stokes were meme wickets. Brook unlucky and Crawley got a good'un. Can't say what Pope was trying to do but he's just so inept against spin in general. That was the worst one by far.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
****ing ridiculous over-rate, got to be something done about this, Lyon has even bowled tons of overs

halba

International 12th Man
On track 500 imho. These two can score big and have been untroubled and scoring briskly. Plenty of batting left.

As I suspected Boland entirely ineffective on flatter pitches. They need the swing of Neser!

Will need to see how Aus bat, but it's going to be 0-1 aus or 0-0 after this test IMHO. Aus won't win this test given they lost the Toss on a very flat pitch.

Howe_zat

Audio File
On track 500 imho. These two can score big and have been untroubled and scoring briskly. Plenty of batting left.

As I suspected Boland entirely ineffective on flatter pitches. They need the swing of Neser!

Will need to see how Aus bat, but it's going to be 0-1 aus or 0-0 after this test IMHO. Aus won't win this test given they lost the Toss on a very flat pitch.
I really enjoyed this post