• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
The famous "Lillee c Willey b Dilley" dismissal was Willey's first catch in a Test, and he only held 2 more catches in his other 22 Tests, including Lillee again two matches later (off Lever; the other was Viv Richards off Botham).

Less famously, the 1981 Headingley Test featured - sort of - "Dilley c Lillee b Lillee", Lillee's only Test c&b, and the even less impressive "Willey c Dyson b Lillee".

Willey's run of no catches in his last 16 Tests equalled the record at the time, but it's since been broken by Malcolm Marshall, who held no catches in his last 20 Tests. (The longest run of all is no catches in 26 Tests by Peter Siddle).

Shady Slim

International Coach
candace warner's doing an interview on the project tonight where she apparently sets the record straight about the sbw pash

i think it's generally detestable to intrude into people's private lives and especially the double standard women are held to when it comes to their ***ual activity; here though my question is, who ****in gives, why are you doing an interview on this now if not to draw attention to yourself here

it's just very

my "hate it when my pash with sonny bill williams from ten years ago shirt is asked about in the media" shirt is having a lot of people ask me the very question that the shirt answers

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A few days ago I was watching an English domestic one day match form the nineties. Peter Hartley bowled a ball with a wide-fingered grip. The seam wobbled around dramatically and the ball moved in sharply against his normal angle for the outswinger, hitting the stumps. Cue praise from commentators for how good an off-cutter it was.

If cricket reinvents the wheel to the extent that 'wobble seam' is a wonderful new thing, I can't wait for the praise for how innovative someone is for swinging the ball towards the shiny side in a decade's time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Article says Gavaskar score the first test century, which will come as an unpleasant surprise to Charles Bannerman.

Or at least it would if hadn't died in 1930.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shastri > Kapil confirmed
I imagine Shastri would be enormously popular in India given he oversaw such a good period for them as coach, and given his media profile. I know feelings about his contribution are mixed on here, but what's it like generally in India?

Spark

Global Moderator
Jesus ****ing Christ Damien Martyn is cooked. Brain completely hollowed out and eaten by worms.