• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it's interesting, what might be best for him is to drop into the reserves to play CM, but unfortunately the media we live in would be screaming about him being dropped and humiliated. I guess they will try to sort it out in pre-season.

Yet if he goes CM he can forget England I'd have thought, but mind you he probably can forget that at Right-back too.

Pothas

I very much doubt this final sentence. They’re likely to finish 5th this season…hardly unforeseeable for them to rebuild sufficiently for a one place improvement next year
Yeah people often seem to overreact to a team missing one season of Champions League. Liverpool might struggle to challenge for the title again the next couple of seasons but can't see them not being around the top 4. It goes to 5 places soon anyway doesn't it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah people often seem to overreact to a team missing one season of Champions League. Liverpool might struggle to challenge for the title again the next couple of seasons but can't see them not being around the top 4. It goes to 5 places soon anyway doesn't it?
Oh yeah in fact is that not next season (as in qualifying for the season after?)

grecian

Glad this is as decent match as I may have been tempted to watch snooker otherwise and quite frankly that would be pretty bleak even for me.

Molehill

International Captain
I very much doubt this final sentence. They’re likely to finish 5th this season…hardly unforeseeable for them to rebuild sufficiently for a one place improvement next year
Not so sure. Their best players are all getting old. and the midfield is an absolute mess. I see no talented youngsters coming through either (decent payers, but not special ones).

Yes they can rebuild, but they don't have a budget to match City, Utd or now Newcastle. Is this a flash in the pan season for Arsenal or do they kick on again?

I don't see them getting 4th next year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So long as Arsenal continue to recruit well and avoid losing any key players they should at the very least be looking to finish in the top 4 next season. They have a squad full of players who, some exceptions aside, should continue to get better rather than decline.

duffer

So long as Arsenal continue to recruit well and avoid losing any key players they should at the very least be looking to finish in the top 4 next season. They have a squad full of players who, some exceptions aside, should continue to get better rather than decline.
2nd youngest squad in the league, no?

Molehill

International Captain
The other factor is Chelsea. I suspect with a decent manager (Poch) and a striker they will be challenging for Top 4.

Molehill

International Captain
Chelsea's squad is a bloated mess.
Of that there is no doubt, but there's also a heck of a lot of quality in there too if someone could just find the right balance. I actually think the Chelsea job is far easier to resolve than the Liverpool one.