• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Brook's side

International Regular
You are obviously English, so really unaware of the Head situation.

The only people lacking confidence in Head were the data analysts of the Aus cricket team. The reason he came back for the following test WAS the public outcry from the fans. Selectors took pelters on talkback for the entire 2 weeks.

He’s probably close to the most liked Aus cricketer at the moment.

Is absolutely the #1 danger wicket for England leading into the Ashes, as when he gets into gear he pretty much ignores the bowling/pitch, and he can do to England what Brook can do to us.
Aha. Yes you're right, the Head situation had (co-incidentally) gone over my head.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I will be extremely pissed off if this is anything other than 3-1. Still sticking to my guns; if coming into this series you were told Smith would have a hundred runs under his belt after three Tests and Labuschagne not many more, Cummins gone home after two Tests, *two* newbie spinners (and no, Murphy is doing sweet ****all outside these conditions, take it to the bank); ****, if you had that forecast in advance, you would bet on at least one decent contribution per game even from our limp batting order to see us sail through. And we still were 2-0, don't forget, thanks to Sharma and the lower order, so it wasn't beyond the pale someone else from the top order would eventually pick up the slack and earn their paycheck.

Indian fans love to be pessimistic abt their chances, gambhiring or not, but this script was supposed to read 4-0. I'll take 3-1 now, duh, but 2-2 and I'm done with Indian cricket until we see some changes, goddamnit.

ok.

Edit: heck, I didn't mean to rag on young Murphy there. I hope he prospers, etc.

Last edited:

Brook's side

International Regular
He went home because his mother is dying and that's your take?
It was probably ill judged, as I was aware that it was a family illness.

Didn't realise his mother had died, and am very sorry to hear that and in hindsight for my comment.

Seems like a lovely bloke and thoughts with him and his family.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If haze I'd fit he's a guaranteed starter in England. Bloke took his poles @20 last ashes in England.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If haze I'd fit he's a guaranteed starter in England. Bloke took his poles @20 last ashes in England.
Yeah but it's becoming a big "if" these days unfortunately.

Any three of Cummins, Haze, Starc, Boland, Neser plus Green as the A/R would do a decent enough job. I've left JRich out of that list given he's apparently just done a hammy again. Lot of time to get it right, mind. Spencer Johnson a bolter too.

I think they ought to have a lot of these blokes over there playing at some level, and just call the odd one up as and when required from time to time as required to complete the utter destruction of English test cricket.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Man, I'd love to have seen Hazelwood play a prolonged spell. It seems that just as he gets into a regular McGrath rhythm that something breaks and he has to start all over again.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They are favorites because Ashwin/Jadeja are still capable of nuking their entire lineup. So Australia have a smaller margin of error. Without a big first innings lead, they are toast.

So for me, India need to be operating at 70% to win the last test. Australia need to be at 90%.
Unfortunately for you, Australians are always ready to give 110%.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Carey, fielding and India bowling filth on day 1 including the no-ball were as important as abject Indian batting on day 1 as far as the result of the last test goes.

josephina

Cricket Spectator
If Australia level the series, India retain the trophy because they are the holders. That is so stupid. In a drawn series, the trophy should go to the away team. It is obviously harder to win away. That achievement deserves to be recognised. I've always said that, not just because Australia is getting robbed in this case.

Spark

Global Moderator
No surprise but Cummins is officially out of the final Test too, so you'd expect an unchanged side unless the curator surprises us all

Spark

Global Moderator
If Australia level the series, India retain the trophy because they are the holders. That is so stupid. In a drawn series, the trophy should go to the away team. It is obviously harder to win away. That achievement deserves to be recognised. I've always said that, not just because Australia is getting robbed in this case.
If this series is drawn it's the most significant achievement by an Australian side in at least a decade IMO, never mind the trophy.