• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xix2565

International Regular
Well since we're talking "current" that's irrelevant....fwiw India still smote England 3-1 and India currently holds the Pataudi trophy because cough cough, they drew in England.
Actually they don't hold the Pataudi Trophy. That's only contested in England, which England hold because they've won before in 2018. The Anthony de Mello Trophy is the one contested in India which India have held on to with the 3-1 win in 2021.

Sunil1z

International Regular
So the teams to compare are India since 2018, Australia since Cummins and England since Stokes.

India have lost four series in Eng/NZ/SA in that time, the last one was only drawn since they were facing Root's England. Their advantage is being the only team to win in Australia and being unbeatable at home. But with such shaky batting order form and a big hole in their record, they don't compete for me.

The best team is either Australia or England.

Australia are the best team on paper, strongest batting order and all-round bowling attack. Yes, they have lost three games in SC in a row, so whether they are confirmed no.1 depends on them turning at least a victory in the remaining games and win in England.

England are on a roll and in great form, but to me they are no.2 unless they can beat Australia at home.
Let everyone read the original post which cleverly shifted the timeline to 2018 . And this was the reason behind this thread becoming such a garbage

Xix2565

International Regular
On a 3-4 year basis (that the team is being judged on right now) Indian openers have done very well. Rahul's current form is a very small part of those 3-4 years.
Even then Rahul's run so far in Tests isn't actively terrible when looked at overall. Really hate how people overreact and avoid analysing just to beat their own drums about this and other similar issues.

Slifer

International Captain
Actually they don't hold the Pataudi Trophy. That's only contested in England, which England hold because they've won before in 2018. The Anthony de Mello Trophy is the one contested in India which India have held on to with the 3-1 win in 2021.
Oh. Pardon me then.

subshakerz

International Coach
Let everyone read the original post which cleverly shifted the timeline to 2018 . And this was the reason behind this thread becoming such a garbage
Actually, read before that post, because I was merely repeating points about 2018 era that everyone else was saying.

Slifer

International Captain
Don’t bother arguing. Yesterday he was arguing Australia are favourites to win test series in England. Today he is saying Australia won’t win a test in England.

He is a Pakistani. He would change his logic everyday as long as his logic doesn’t favour India .
Based on what I'm seeing I'm expecting the Ashes to be highly competitive and that's only because it's in England. Which should say something.

Fwiw, I thought Australia had a shot to at least squeeze out one test in India but Jadeja had other plans....

Sunil1z

International Regular
Based on what I'm seeing I'm expecting the Ashes to be highly competitive and that's only because it's in England. Which should say something.

Fwiw, I thought Australia had a shot to at least squeeze out one test in India but Jadeja had other plans....
Aus can still win a Test in India . Never bet against Smith and Labu .

Did you make the table , I asked you yesterday ?

Slifer

International Captain
Yes that 2018 timeline is odd if we're talking about current teams....

subshakerz

International Coach
You were also claiming yesterday Australia are favourites for Ashes and voted for Australia yesterday. Then when no one agreed with you yesterday that Australia are better , today you are shilling for England.
My position is the same. Man for man Australia is the best team but need to win in the Ashes to confirm that. England better than India.