• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indian fans : Half our batting lineup sucks and has sucked for almost 3 years , they must be dropped immediately.

Also Indian fans : India are definitely better than every other team in the world, even better England who are winning virtually every game they play.

And no, both can't be true. If the batting lineup is so ****ing bad (and I 100% agree it is) that you can't shut up about it, then there's no way you can be annoyed by people ranking England, who have everyone in red hot form, as a better team. Rankings are no proof of anything, they always have a significant lag from the actual quality of the test. The rankings overrate India and underrate England.

subshakerz

International Coach
Ah because you said so. And if I say that India are just consistently at a higher level while England are overperforming at the moment you'd dismiss it because it's not to your liking even though it's far more consistent with reality than your idea.
Yeah England are just fluking it :)

Xix2565

International Regular
Indian fans : Half our batting lineup sucks and has sucked for almost 3 years , they must be dropped immediately.

Also Indian fans : India are definitely better than every other team in the world, even better England who are winning virtually every game they play.

And no, both can't be true. If the batting lineup is so ****ing bad (and I 100% agree it is) that you can't shut up about it, then there's no way you can be annoyed by people ranking England, who have everyone in red hot form, as a better team. Rankings are no proof of anything, they always have a significant lag from the actual quality of the test. The rankings overrate India and underrate England.
What if you think that the batting lineup issues aren't as much of a problem though? Or that batting in general isn't as valuable as bowling? And that England's hot run isn't all that fancy either?
Yeah England are just fluking it :)
Why not? How is that anymore unreasonable than what you've posted so far?

anil1405

International Captain

You're surely better than this.

Indian middle order sure sucks but to consistently grind out results the way they have been is something unheard of previously, but it is happening.

And it's been happening for last three years, not just a series or two because rest of the side has just been too good.

Now I, personally, am not claiming India are way ahead of rest of the teams but they have defied general cricketing logic (of being a top ranked competitive side without a good middle order).

subshakerz

International Coach

Bingo

Sunil1z

International Regular
Subshakerz: Aus and England are better than India since 2018 because India have lost 4 series in last 5 years but Aus/England have lost only 1 series in last 10 months

Overrated sanity : what a great point you have made ? Why can’t Indian fans believe your argument .

Slifer

International Captain
I don't think you actually believe that.

Australia will do well to even eke a victory in England much less sweep anything. This India can't even win a series in England.
Australia would do well to eke out a win in Australia? What??!! Let me repeat myself, I could see Australia sweeping England in Australia ie at home and I could also see India sweeping England in India, again at home.

And India or Australia would both be much more competitive in England than vice versa. I'd like to see you argue this otherwise. Current England lost a home test to RSA .....

subshakerz

International Coach

Indian middle order sure sucks but to consistently grind out results the way they have been is something unheard of previously, but it is happening.

And it's been happening for last three years, not just a series or two because rest of the side has just been too good.

Now I, personally, am not claiming India are way ahead of rest of the teams but they have defied general cricketing logic (of being a top ranked competitive side without a good middle order).
In other words, your batting order sucks except when it comes to claiming your a better team.

subshakerz

International Coach
Australia would do well to eke out a win in Australia? What??!! Let me repeat myself, I could see Australia sweeping England in Australia ie at home and I could also see India sweeping England in India, again at home.

And India or Australia would both be much more competitive in England than vice versa. I'd like to see you argue this otherwise. Current England lost a home test to RSA .....
Sorry, miscommunication, I took home for Engkand home.

OverratedSanity

There's two ways to decide the relative strength of a team. A results based approach where you just look at the matches they've won/lost in a variety of conditions, or evaluating the XI on how strong you think it is. India grind out good results, yes, but England over the last year have won virtually every game, many in overseas conditions. Both in terms of results and how the xi players are actually performing, India are behind England.

Anyway it's a little grating to hear sunilz (not all Indian fans) slag off the batting lineup and then also get defensive when someone says another team might be better. It does not compute. You can't only acknowledge the glaring flaws when it is convenient and not otherwise.

OverratedSanity

Subshakerz: Aus and England are better than India since 2018 because India have lost 4 series in last 5 years but Aus/England have lost only 1 series in last 10 months

Overrated sanity : what a great point you have made ? Why can’t Indian fans believe your argument .
Please don't misquote me. Subshakerz's cricket posts are also extremely dumb.

subshakerz

International Coach

That's not my point.

anil1405

International Captain
In other words, your batting order sucks except when it comes to claiming your a better team.
1. Middle order (not batting order). Openers and lower middle order have bailed the team out time after time.

2. I say India is defying logic by being a top test side without having a good middle order.

Now take a deep breath and read that again before replying with the thoughts in your head that are racing at bazball rate.

Sunil1z

International Regular

Don’t bother arguing. Yesterday he was arguing Australia are favourites to win test series in England. Today he is saying Australia won’t win a test in England.

He is a Pakistani. He would change his logic everyday as long as his logic doesn’t favour India .