• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
I mean if having different standards is logic then sure this might fly. I'm not sure how Current India is somehow worse than the side that won in Australia twice in a row though. Or that Current England automatically gets series wins they don't have at the moment just because you like big numbers and big shots.
Using that logic, India should never lose in Australia again as they will never have such a poor team. They had lightning in a bottle in 2021 but expecting because of that they have a confirmed victory every time they land on Aussie soil is silly and actually ignores the circumstances of why they won.

Xix2565

International Regular
Using that logic, India should never lose in Australia again as they will never have such a poor team. They had lightning in a bottle in 2021 but expecting because of that they have a confirmed victory every time they land on Aussie soil is silly.
Is this not close enough to your argument for England? That because they've been good recently and caught lightning in a bottle that they are better than the team rated higher above them in ICC standings and the WTC cycles?

Slifer

International Captain
Again, not to belabor the obvious, we are talking about CURRENT teams.

You seriously think Stokes' team wouldn't win in WI if the series is today? I mean, come on.

And you think India today goes to Australia as set favorites?

Head to head is a poor way of determining a better team. Gangulys team was better than Waughs head to head, it doesn't mean as much as a teams all-round ability to win abroad and at home.
No I don't. England's last 4 series home and away vs the WI have all been competitive one test affairs and in each and every series, as is happening now, England were overwhelming favorites.

And I'm well aware you're talking about current teams but one can only judge based on past/recent results.

And head to head isn't poor. India now is a world beater, Ganguly's team wasn't. Apples to oranges. I can't see a single team sweeping India away since were going to use current teams, so that includes NZ. But I could very easily see India and Australia sweeping England at home.

subshakerz

International Coach
Is this not close enough to your argument for England? That because they've been good recently and caught lightning in a bottle that they are better than the team rated higher above them in ICC standings and the WTC cycles?
There is a difference between punching above your weight in a series like India and playing to the max of your potential like England currently.

subshakerz

International Coach
No I don't. England's last 4 series home and away vs the WI have all been competitive one test affairs and in each and every series, as is happening now, England were overwhelming favorites.

And I'm well aware you're talking about current teams but one can only judge based on past/recent results.

And head to head isn't poor. India now is a world beater, Ganguly's team wasn't. Apples to oranges. I can't see a single team sweeping India away since were going to use current teams, so that includes NZ. But I could very easily see India and Australia sweeping England at home.
This England team doesn't care about the past, look at what happened in Pakistan. They will walk over WI without breaking a sweat.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah , you will certainly found my take to be dumb . First qualify for next round of WTC finals before claiming to be better .
You really are an idiot. If you can't see that there has been a remarkable difference between Roots Eng and Stokes I don't know what to say to you........what is the premise of this thread you utter moron? It's not talking about the last 3 or 4 years. It talking right now.

Xix2565

International Regular
There is a difference between punching above your weight in a series like India and playing to the max of your potential like England currently.
Ah because you said so. And if I say that India are just consistently at a higher level while England are overperforming at the moment you'd dismiss it because it's not to your liking even though it's far more consistent with reality than your idea.

anil1405

International Captain
England will be the best side for me in a year's time when they win the ashes this summer and give a good fight in India irrespective of the result.

While they have shown great improvement since McCullum's takeover, I would wait for the more important series to be completed before considering them to be a clear no.1 side.

Sunil1z

International Regular
You really are an idiot. If you can't see that there has been a remarkable difference between Roots Eng and Stokes I don't know what to say to you........what is the premise of this thread you utter moron? It's not talking about the last 3 or 4 years. It talking right now.
And moron if you would have noticed the poll result , you would see I have voted for England . But since you have decided to jump in an argument in between then you should know that this whole argument started because subshaker feels India is inferior to England or Australia based on result since 2018 . Now next time don’t make a fool of yourself .

subshakerz

International Coach
But I could very easily see India and Australia sweeping England at home.
I don't think you actually believe that.

Australia will do well to even eke a victory in England much less sweep anything. This India can't even win a series in England.

Sunil1z

International Regular

Australia will do well to even eke a victory in England much less sweep anything. This India can't even win a series in England.
Australia and India won’t beat England at home . More delusions ?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hold your horses.

I am actually doing India a favor by extending it 2018 onwards since the makeup of the side hasn't changed like England and Australia. Otherwise their last one year or so has been pretty bad form wise away from home.

Otherwise let us decide a timeframe you want to judge India on.
The question in the thread is not which team is the best away. It is the best overall team. Why are away performances the only criteria?

Xix2565

International Regular

This England can't even draw a Test in India and will be lucky to win even one game in Australia.

Come on, this nonsense is grating now.