• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
Subs, you're conveniently forgetting that despite all the times England have been heavy favorites, they've won exactly one series in the WI in my lifetime. Also, head to head, India drew in England, yet England has a snow ball's chance in hell of winning in India.

India is competitive in all series away, likely winning everywhere but Rsa, nz and eng. England will be embarrassed if they played in Australia and india right now. Hell, they might struggle to win in bangladesh, again. And yeah, things have changed which is why against current nz and current rsa with a fit Bumrah, Shami and an improving away jadeja/Ashwin I'd give India even odds to win or draw.
Again, we are talking about Stokes' England. The same team that whitewashed Pakistan and is now on the way to whitewash NZ at home in a way India would dream to.

England are more likely to win across conditions than India simply put. I hate using the word 'competitive' as some benchmark for a number one side. You aren't the best for being competitive across conditions but winning more across conditions.

Btw India would also be beaten soundly by Stokes in England too over a series too.

Xix2565

International Regular
The same India last year that couldn't close two series in England and SA that were handed to them on platters. The same India that falls apart in NZ while Australia and England coast there.

Every time India's stock fall, they have a round of home series to make them seem like a better team than they are.
So basically what Stokes and McCullum have done? You're going to ping India for it but not England? Come on, at least have the decency to be consistent rather than idiotic.

Xix2565

International Regular
Again, we are talking about Stokes' England. The same team that whitewashed Pakistan and is now on the way to whitewash NZ at home in a way India would dream to.

England are more likely to win across conditions than India simply put. I hate using the word 'competitive' as some benchmark for a number one side. You aren't the best for being competitive across conditions but winning more across conditions.

Btw India would also be beaten soundly by Stokes in England too over a series too.
England aren't more likely than India to win across all conditions though. If India got the same recent away tours England have had I can easily see them sweeping through even with a hole in the batting order because of the bowling attack. I'm impressed though at how much you're milking bullying bad bowlers.

Slifer

International Captain

Would Stokes team win in Australia?

Slifer

International Captain
The same India last year that couldn't close two series in England and SA that were handed to them on platters. The same India that falls apart in NZ while Australia and England coast there.

Every time India's stock fall, they have a round of home series to make them seem like a better team than they are.
And that's balanced out by the fact that England last year lost to a pathetic WI team; a team India has constantly destroyed. Also, since we're talking specifically about the big 3, and England have absolutely no chance of even winning a test in Australia, whereas India are on the verge of their 4th consecutive series win vs Australia.

subshakerz

International Coach
England aren't more likely than India to win across all conditions though. If India got the same recent away tours England have had I can easily see them sweeping through even with a hole in the batting order because of the bowling attack. I'm impressed though at how much you're milking bullying bad bowlers.
Let's do this logically.

Current India would definitely win in SL, WI and Pak if they played there. They might win in Australia but based on the past, not current form.

Current England under Stokes wins in SA, NZ, WI, Pak and SL. Hence they are better away from home.

Xix2565

International Regular
Let's do this logically.

Current India would definitely win in SL, WI and Pak if they played there. They might win in Australia but based on the past, not current form.

Current England under Stokes wins in SA, NZ, WI, Pak and SL. Hence they are better away from home.
I mean if having different standards is logic then sure this might fly. I'm not sure how Current India is somehow worse than the side that won in Australia twice in a row though. Or that Current England automatically gets series wins they don't have at the moment just because you like big numbers and big shots.

Slifer

International Captain
Let's do this logically.

Subs this isn't logical. India has actually beaten Aus away and in consecutive series and while Australia were at full strength and they were playing with their C team and at the Gabba.

England hasn't actually won in the Caribbean since 2004, and in each and every series, even now, they were heavy favorites. Still, it made no difference to the eventual scoreline.

And again, you're skipping over the all important head to head between the 3 teams. India destroys both Australia and Eng at home and wins down under and worst case, loses by a single test in England. Or draw as they did last year. England gets destroyed in India and Australia and is less dominant at home vs Ind/Aus. I'm not repeating how I think Aus would do.

subshakerz

International Coach
I mean if having different standards is logic then sure this might fly. I'm not sure how Current India is somehow worse than the side that won in Australia twice in a row though. Or that Current England automatically gets series wins they don't have at the moment just because you like big numbers and big shots.
Which result are you disputing?

subshakerz

International Coach
Subs this isn't logical. India has actually beaten Aus away and in consecutive series and while Australia were at full strength and they were playing with their C team and at the Gabba.

England hasn't actually won in the Caribbean since 2004, and in each and every series, even now, they were heavy favorites. Still, it made no difference to the eventual scoreline.

And again, you're skipping over the all important head to head between the 3 teams. India destroys both Australia and Eng at home and wins down under and worst case, loses by a single test in England. Or draw as they did last year. England gets destroyed in India and Australia and is less dominant at home vs Ind/Aus. I'm not repeating how I think Aus would do.
Again, not to belabor the obvious, we are talking about CURRENT teams.

You seriously think Stokes' team wouldn't win in WI if the series is today? I mean, come on.

And you think India today goes to Australia as set favorites?

Head to head is a poor way of determining a better team. Gangulys team was better than Waughs head to head, it doesn't mean as much as a teams all-round ability to win abroad and at home.