• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subshakerz

International Coach
@honestbharani our friend @subshakerz has outdone himself today .

He is comparing IND of 2018-23 with , England of last 10 months and Aus of last 15 months. And since India have lost 4 series in last 5 years and Eng / Aus have lost only 1 series in last 10 months , so Aus/Eng are better ?
Hold your horses.

I am actually doing India a favor by extending it 2018 onwards since the makeup of the side hasn't changed like England and Australia. Otherwise their last one year or so has been pretty bad form wise away from home.

Otherwise let us decide a timeframe you want to judge India on.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Hold your horses.

I am actually doing India a favor by extending it 2018 onwards since the makeup of the side hasn't changed like England and Australia. Otherwise their last one year or so has been pretty bad form wise away from home.

Otherwise let us decide a timeframe you want to judge India on.
And makeup of Aus has changed in last 4 -5 years .?

subshakerz

International Coach
Yes, you got to compare teams for the same time period. If Ind 2018 is being, Aus and Eng should also be taken since 2018, an then it becomes clear Aus is clearly behind Ind.
We are trying to determine the best team NOW.

So you can look at form leading into the current sides as long as it is relevant.

Otherwise we should put NZ in contention too.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
Dude all we are saying is compare teams for the same time frame(5 years or 1 year). Also Aus hasn’t done any better than Ind away from home in the last year.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
We are trying to determine the best team NOW.

So you can look at form leading into the current sides as long as it is relevant.

Otherwise we should put NZ in contention too.
Sure. But you started comparing Ind from 2018 with Aus today and Eng today. That’s why I used the 5 years measure.

subshakerz

International Coach
Dude all we are saying is compare teams for the same time frame(5 years or 1 year). Also Aus hasn’t done any better than Ind away from home in the last year.
I think captains matter.

Judging England from 2018 and reflecting that on the current side is stupid.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sure. But you started comparing Ind from 2018 with Aus today and Eng today. That’s why I used the 5 years measure.
I merely verbalized what I saw others posters do earlier in this thread. They were comparing India of the past with Stokes' hot streak. Hence I said 'So the teams to compare...' based on how I understood you all were doing.

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
I think captains matter.

Judging England from 2018 and reflecting that on the current side is stupid.
Sure. But you can’t compare two sides, taking 5 years for one and only one year for another. And what has Aus done away from in the last one or 5 years that’s great or even good?

Godard

U19 Vice-Captain
I merely verbalized what I saw others posters do earlier in this thread. They were comparing India of the past with Stokes' hot streak. Hence I said 'So the teams to compare...' based on how I understood you all were doing.
Sure, but take comparable time periods. That’s all I’m saying.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sure. But you can’t compare two sides, taking 5 years for one and only one year for another. And what has Aus done away from in the last one or 5 years that’s great or even good?
Australia I merely care about Cummins' stint as captain since he predecessor was much worse.