• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which team is currently the best, in 2023?

Test format ofc: top team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England fairly obviously. Unless weather stops them here it'll be 12 wins out of 13 under Stokes & McCullum including 5 out of 5 away wins in Pakistan & NZ.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I was having a go at picking a combined side from these three countries.

I know there's a couple of key first choice injuries, but based on the standard format of top 5, all rounder, keeper, spinner and 3 quicks it's probably the below

Rohit Sharma
Khawaja
Labu
Smith
Brook
Jadeja
Foakes
Cummins
Ashwin
Starc
Anderson

5 Aussies, 3 each from India and England.

But I think the form side currently is England. Would love to see them play in India!

shortpitched713

International Captain
People voting for England are ridiculous. Australia will be out for blood in the upcoming Ashes, and we'll see then how reasonable that position is.

Here are the facts: England is hopeless against Australia in Australia, because Jimmy A could never swing the Kookaburra.

Australia are hopeless against India in India, which is being proven again in the ongoing series.

As the rest of the match-ups are more competitive, that only leaves one choice: India .

Last edited:

Sunil1z

International Regular
People voting for Englnd are ridiculous. Australia will be out for blood in the upcoming Ashes, and we'll see then how reasonable that position is.

Australia are hopeless against India in India, which is being proven again in the ongoing series.

As the rest of the match-ups are more competitive, that only leaves one choice: India .
India cannot be no.1 with no top order . It is England atm.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I was having a go at picking a combined side from these three countries.

I know there's a couple of key first choice injuries, but based on the standard format of top 5, all rounder, keeper, spinner and 3 quicks it's probably the below

Rohit Sharma
Khawaja
Labu
Smith
Brook
Jadeja
Foakes
Cummins
Ashwin
Starc
Anderson

5 Aussies, 3 each from India and England.

But I think the form side currently is England. Would love to see them play in India!
Pant over Foakes, Root over Brook, Robinson over Starc.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
People voting for Englnd are ridiculous. Australia will be out for blood in the upcoming Ashes, and we'll see then how reasonable that position is.

Here are the facts: England is hopeless against Australia in Australia, because Jimmy A could never swing the Kookaburra.

Our failures in Oz have been bat-driven. Not saying we’d now go there and win but we wouldn’t limp through like the last three tours.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Yeah, I noted injuries in my comment. I think Bumrah would get in if fit.

My point was whilst I think on a player for player basis Aus would have most in a combined selection I think Eng are currently the best (form)team.

Sunil1z

International Regular
Don't give a daamn about any specific cherry picked aspect of a team. Their overall head to heads results speak for themselves.
India were ranked no.1 between 2009-11 with a bowling attack of Zaheer, Ishant, Sreesanth and Harbhajan. Many people used to point out that maintaining no.1 rank with such a bowling attack is unsustainable. These people were proven right in Eng and Aus 2011 tour .

Similarly maintaining no.1 rank with batting attack of Rahul, Pujara and Kohli is unsustainable. Our lower order will fail soon and we will keep getting bowled out for under 150 .

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is a garbage team if you are comparing them to men . County team , Ranji team , Sheffield shield men’s team will beat them with ease.
You can only beat who you play & Australia is 50 runs better than any women’s team on an average day

Most dominant team in cricket history