• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most overrated cricketer

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Dravid is universally loved but has always been the subject of division in India. There’s a group growing in size that think he’s overrated and that Kohli is better in Tests.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Dravid won some Wisden poll as India's best ever batsman a while ago which is.. questionable.
Dravid is loved by many Indians and not just the regular cricket fans but even casuals for his character and personality and the cricket followers often like his selflessness, team first attitude and compare it to Tendulkar who they call selfish and individual records obsessed which is why you get crazy poll results like that

I know someone who believes Dravid is the second greatest no 3 ever and thinks the team sabotaged his leadership in the odi world cup that India lost to Bangladesh

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
And Javed Miandad.
I really don't think so. Most people here don't rate him much.

By casuals yes but I've read some baffling stuff about him on here and it's not overrating him.
Akram was hugely talented but he underachieved. He was the most complete bowler imo but when the going got tough, he gave up. He relied too much on talent.

Mcgrath on the otherhand overachieved imo. His stats look that good because he had such good batsmen put up the runs to pressure opponents and bowling support so to not release pressure build up by him. If say he was instead of them, his stats won't be as good as they look now.

BazBall21

I really don't think so. Most people here don't rate him much.

Akram was hugely talented but he underachieved. He was the most complete bowler imo but when the going got tough, he gave up. He relied too much on talent.

Mcgrath on the otherhand overachieved imo. His stats look that good because he had such good batsmen put up the runs to pressure opponents and bowling support so to not release pressure build up by him. If say he was instead of them, his stats won't be as good as they look now.
Javed was a satirical follow-up to the Akram nomination to try and get a bite out of Trundler. I don’t think he’s overrated tbh.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
Dravid won some Wisden poll as India's best ever batsman a while ago which is.. questionable.
For me the best Indian bats are

Gavaskar > Tendulkar > Dravid > Kohli

Dravid personality gets him a lot of fans tbh plus Dravid has won India more series than Tendulkar. He has played more great test innings than Tendulkar.

Sachin is still better than Dravid because of his natural flair plus consistncy and performance in all conditions.

Gavaskar for me is the best because he played in a far arder era plus was an opener.

Bolo.

International Captain
Exclusively a CW/nerd thing. Pietersen is supremely overrated outside CW. He came in ahead of Dravid on CW's list. Of course this is one of my more nitpicky hills.
There weren't that many voting at the start, and when it came to 20 (or whatever) deep, there was a lot of drawing names randomly. I would be seriously surprised if Dravid got less than 75% in a head to head.

BazBall21

There weren't that many voting at the start, and when it came to 20 (or whatever) deep, there was a lot of drawing names randomly. I would be seriously surprised if Dravid got less than 75% in a head to head.
Barrington got some early support in that exercise and it was a tie when they went head to head

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
I think he was referring to Barrington. Pietersen didn’t make the top 50.

subshakerz

International Coach
Chappell's cold numbers are remarkably flawless so it's easy to get carried away with him. Distribution against opponents home and away and for what it's worth scored heavily in WSC/FC too. It's more that he wasn't tested enough. Personally think better than Ponting and Border, but clearly below Smith already.
Chappells underrated here.