• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA haven't batted or bowled poorly at all on the whole but Phelukwayo really needs to go. He's even more of a myth that Jordan or Hasan Ali at this point. Just not a good cricketer.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
SA haven't batted or bowled poorly at all on the whole but Phelukwayo really needs to go. He's even more of a myth that Jordan or Hasan Ali at this point. Just not a good cricketer.
TBF his last couple of overs here have been first rate.

One swallow doesn't make a drunk and all that, but even semi-unshyte death bowling is a step up from our usual fayre.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF his last couple of overs here have been first rate.

One swallow doesn't make a drunk and all that, but even semi-unshyte death bowling is a step up from our usual fayre.
I've watched him be crap in crunch situations too often lately. Good today but I don't have faith in him. Probably harsh to be compared to Phelukwayo and Hasan Ali still.

Bahseph

International Debutant
Didn't get to watch the SA innings yet but Phelukwayo has always been at his best in the ODI format where he can bowl through the middle overs and go at 5/5.5 runs an over and pick up the odd wicket. Hulk is just a better T20 bowler for me. He did a sterling job at the T20WC and he is a more effective hitter. Perhaps this is just an audition for Phelukwayo. Also,where was Markram? Another who impressed in this format.

Marius

International Debutant
Didn't get to watch the SA innings yet but Phelukwayo has always been at his best in the ODI format where he can bowl through the middle overs and go at 5/5.5 runs an over and pick up the odd wicket. Hulk is just a better T20 bowler for me. He did a sterling job at the T20WC and he is a more effective hitter. Perhaps this is just an audition for Phelukwayo. Also,where was Markram? Another who impressed in this format.
He's been playing international cricket for six years. How many auditions does he need to have?

Bahseph

International Debutant
He's been playing international cricket for six years. How many auditions does he need to have?
Mate,why is Reeza Hendricks still around? We know he only comes off once every 10 games. Phelukwayo is a Durban boy and I always hoped that he would become a quality all-rounder, but he is becoming a no-rounder quite quickly.

Marius

International Debutant
Mate,why is Reeza Hendricks still around? We know he only comes off once every 10 games. Phelukwayo is a Durban boy and I always hoped that he would become a quality all-rounder, but he is becoming a no-rounder quite quickly.
No argument from me, re: Reeza.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
English commies seemed high on copium throughout. SA wasn't even on full strength here. Roy the hack has to go for England. The way they hype him as if he is some T20 legend.

Reactions: FBU

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Having watched most of the SA batting innings yesterday evening, Reeza is as he always is a great timer of the ball, but struggles too lift the ball into the stands. Perfect as an opener, but Bavuma holds that spot.

After everybody telling me how much Rillee has improved... he basically hacked at the ball for 4 balls, got a boundary and then out. Klaasens, is the limited player he always is, has about 3 shots and struggles unless having his 1 in 5 good games. And you can directly compare all these players to a 21 year old Stubbs. He came in cleanly hit the ball, but more importantly had a clear game plan and areas in which he planned to strike the ball. Was not slogging or hacking at the ball in any way. Yes he has a long way to go and will fail many more times before he gets to the top, but he is clearly got a proper game plan to do so and the skill and talent to do it.

I am sick an tired of us continuing to play these acceptable journeyman when we have so much talent sitting here in SA. Andile needs to go, but anybody who thinks that Pretorius is the answer is in for a surprise... I would rather we play Mulder, even if this is not his format, because I can see him bat in top 4 in a sensible way and contribute with the ball when it swings. Really Markram and Stubbs and be used for 5th/6th bowler.

And Shamsi is a huge concern at the moment... I have not been impressed with him this tour.

Marius

International Debutant
Having watched most of the SA batting innings yesterday evening, Reeza is as he always is a great timer of the ball, but struggles too lift the ball into the stands. Perfect as an opener, but Bavuma holds that spot.

After everybody telling me how much Rillee has improved... he basically hacked at the ball for 4 balls, got a boundary and then out. Klaasens, is the limited player he always is, has about 3 shots and struggles unless having his 1 in 5 good games. And you can directly compare all these players to a 21 year old Stubbs. He came in cleanly hit the ball, but more importantly had a clear game plan and areas in which he planned to strike the ball. Was not slogging or hacking at the ball in any way. Yes he has a long way to go and will fail many more times before he gets to the top, but he is clearly got a proper game plan to do so and the skill and talent to do it.

I am sick an tired of us continuing to play these acceptable journeyman when we have so much talent sitting here in SA. Andile needs to go, but anybody who thinks that Pretorius is the answer is in for a surprise... I would rather we play Mulder, even if this is not his format, because I can see him bat in top 4 in a sensible way and contribute with the ball when it swings. Really Markram and Stubbs and be used for 5th/6th bowler.

And Shamsi is a huge concern at the moment... I have not been impressed with him this tour.
I'm glad Rilee is back in the mix, he is clearly a talent.

And he scored the second-most runs in the Vitality Blast at an SR of nearly 200. Sure, he had a crap game last night but his selection made sense. I would certainly rather have him opening with QDK rather than Reeza or TB.

StephenZA

I'm glad Rilee is back in the mix, he is clearly a talent.
He is gonna have to show me a hell'va a lot more composure... his talent has never been in doubt, hence all his previous opportunities. But if he is just gonna mindlessly hack at the ball, we might as well choose some younger talented players that have shown better temperament and growth.

Dendarii

International Debutant
I would certainly rather have him opening with QDK rather than Reeza or TB.
Unfortunately, we're stuck with those two. Unless Bavuma does something monumentally stupid, he's captain and therefore a guaranteed starter until he decides to give it up, and opening is the only place for him. And Hendricks is always going to be a straight swap for Bavuma until we find another opener (who probably can't be white).

Marius

International Debutant
Unfortunately, we're stuck with those two. Unless Bavuma does something monumentally stupid, he's captain and therefore a guaranteed starter until he decides to give it up, and opening is the only place for him. And Hendricks is always going to be a straight swap for Bavuma until we find another opener (who probably can't be white).
We're going to always be behind the 8-ball when we have to select teams based on anything other than cricketing considerations (watch us go on to win the T20 WC now :))

Stefan9

International Debutant
Fielding was dreadful. Bowling from ngidi, kg and keshav did good to decent. Andile and shamsi were dreadful.

Batting besides stubs and reeza was disappointing.

StephenZA

Fielding was dreadful. Bowling from ngidi, kg and keshav did good to decent. Andile and shamsi were dreadful.

Batting besides stubs and reeza was disappointing.
Keshav has been so good... was not quite sure why Rabada came in before him in the batting? IPL experience?