• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
how many test series have there actually been in India between these teams?
tours to India are very rare, and they won't be in a hurry to get back there anytime soon.
but then again, who the hell would be?
I am certain that Australia are eager to tour again (after how close they came last time) as they want to beat India in India and be the best again, and recently there were comments from 1-2 players saying how they were looking forward to touring India next season

I think if Australia do really well in the Ashes, get like 4-0 or 5-0, they could comfortably make the next final.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he was being beaten up he wouldn't have stayed on long enough to get 10 wickets ffs. Come on, this isn't even close in terms of the best performance in the match. Just a bizarre decision.

Xix2565

International Regular
If he was being beaten up he wouldn't have stayed on long enough to get 10 wickets ffs. Come on, this isn't even close in terms of the best performance in the match. Just a bizarre decision.
He was the best of an otherwise toothless attack. It's a great feat, but the context degrades it as far as impact on match goes.

Burgey

I am certain that Australia are eager to tour again (after how close they came last time) as they want to beat India in India and be the best again, and recently there were comments from 1-2 players saying how they were looking forward to touring India next season

I think if Australia do really well in the Ashes, get like 4-0 or 5-0, they could comfortably make the next final.
Still a lot of work to do with their batting tbh. Plus the spin stocks are pretty shallow atm. Young Sangha looks a decent prospect but there isn't a lot that looks all that good really. Then you've got to factor in the way they try to do funky selections and always **** up th eteam balance when they tour these places. Weird.

I'd say they're a few years off genuinely competing for a series away in India tbh.

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this ashley bach character a true novice or quite a subtle troll, very hard to tell thus far
haha I don't even really know what trolling is.
I don't do social media, it's not my thing, but I do seriously love cricket, it's been a huge part of my life from a very young age.
Still very new here, but see it as a platform to speak your mind.
If you can't give your honest opinion and debate others what's the point of having anything to do with this site?
Looking forward to meeting keen cricket enthusiasts, but still struggling to work things out.
why do people go by so many funny names?
why have I gone from being a cricket spectator, to cricket schoolboy/girl suddenly?

Burgey

He was the best of an otherwise toothless attack. It's a great feat, but the context degrades it as far as impact on match goes.
Whereas Agarwal's ton against that attack you've just said is toothless - a feat you see virtually every test match - is a more deserving accomplishment.

Ok.

Xix2565

International Regular
Whereas Agarwal's ton against that attack you've just said is toothless - a feat you see virtually every test match - is a more deserving accomplishment.

Ok.
I'll wait until you get laser eye surgery and rewatch the game for this debate.

Burgey

You can't have a more unique achievement. Something is either unique or it isn't.

Anyway, I really don't have a dog in the fight - ot osn't like my side was playing - but as a cricket supporter if a bloke takes 10 fer in an innings he's a cert for MOTM. Only an environment where there would be a stack of illegal betting on the award would this outcome have come about. Sad.

Sad for cricket. Sad for world sport. Someone has made a fortune betting on that award.

Burgey

A 10 fer is unique by a visiting spinner in India. Agarwal scores a hundred against a supposedly toothless attack in home conditions but is worthy MOTM recipient? Could only happen in a kleptocracy. Highway robbery.