• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Fingers crossed India can cobble up an XI for Brisbane. My fear is they'd play a few who aren't 100 percent and break down in the middle of the test with no recourse for substitution. That's be a sad end to what's been a watchable series.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Also, what about the commentators (all the Aussies, I remember Ponting saying this many times) who keep saying things like, "If you're looking to play defensively you'll just get out. Play your natural game ... etc., etc., blah, blah,"?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, not even about Tony Abbott. Just the usual platitudes about bowling a lot more part timers. Not a mention of bowling too short for a protracted period, of course.
Tbf, Clarke would have bowled mike hussey or somebody and it would have worked

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, what about the commentators (all the Aussies, I remember Ponting saying this many times) who keep saying things like, "If you're looking to play defensively you'll just get out. Play your natural game ... etc., etc., blah, blah,"?
fun little story: 9 overs left in a game, one of them hit a ball and Ponting was like "you run two there don't you?"

yeah, the guy with a busted hamstring runs 2 so he can run up his average or something

Window

U19 Debutant
Any idea what Tim was saying? The commentator was saying it was personal, not just banter
Thought it was juvenile but nothing too out of the ordinary. Said things like how no one on the team like him, he's a goose, a dickhead, has less friends in India than Paine. Seemed desperate more than proper sledging.

cnerd123

likes this
probably true for guys who don't have a sound defensive game like Pant tbf.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, supposedly the keeper take anything to the slip's inside, or that's the bull**** logic I've heard on here before after similar drops.
I have never kept in games for too long with slips but yes, typically, if the ball is to the first slip's left and you are standing in regular formation, it is considered your catch coz you got the gloves and you are moving outside off with the ball anyways, mostly.