• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Shady Slim

International Coach
one thing that shits me in chases, and seven was particularly bad at this yesterday, is when they bring the graphic up of highest fourth innings chases, and not the highest fourth innings scores at a ground. if 250 is the most high chase but teams regularly score 375 chasing 500, that's because they have a bad bowling attack that they lose, and not because anything higher than 250 is unchaseable at that ground

Spark

Global Moderator
one thing that ****s me in chases, and seven was particularly bad at this yesterday, is when they bring the graphic up of highest fourth innings chases, and not the highest fourth innings scores at a ground. if 250 is the most high chase but teams regularly score 375 chasing 500, that's because they have a bad bowling attack that they lose, and not because anything higher than 250 is unchaseable at that ground
tbh teams absolutely do not bowl with the intensity if they're defending 500 as when they defend 250, so the comparison isn't quite fair

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
one thing that ****s me in chases, and seven was particularly bad at this yesterday, is when they bring the graphic up of highest fourth innings chases, and not the highest fourth innings scores at a ground. if 250 is the most high chase but teams regularly score 375 chasing 500, that's because they have a bad bowling attack that they lose, and not because anything higher than 250 is unchaseable at that ground
There's a different kind of mentality with 4th innings chases though. 375 chasing 500 isn't really that close of a match, it's typical that massive chases tend to go for a while but never look like being run down.

Shady Slim

International Coach
tbh teams absolutely do not bowl with the intensity if they're defending 500 as when they defend 250, so the comparison isn't quite fair
perhaps, but these are international cricketers we're talking about and i don't think they're happy with a draw as opposed to a win, so they're always gonna hunt for wickets when bowling in the fourth dig. scoring 350 is 350, and that shows it can be done is my gripe

cnerd123

likes this
so if the laws on dangerous bowling were to be more harshly enforced, should this bouncer barrage to Ashwin be stopped?