• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've seen these vids, I think @Burgey might agree it's about as sad as my attempts at golf
You have more to work with imho. Also the advantage it’s a stationary ball. I feared for the little fella’s safety watching this vids tbh. Latest one looked much better though, tbf

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Going on and off for rain can be really draining for the players' mindset. Good thing we've got renowned mentally-strong batsman Will Pucovski out there.

Burgey

Good stuff form Bumrah this spell - I thought he looked a bit flat this morning. Siraj been a bit disappointing so far for mine, despite the wicket. Be interesting to see if he’s able to sustain something like his Melbourne form as the game goes one

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Leaving aside all the concussions, what's Pucovski like on the hook? Think he's being selective here, but looks like he's getting a little too far inside the line.

cnerd123

likes this
This decks got nothing in it. Might wear out though, overall bad toss to lose.
yea roady mcroady road + kookaburra ball + wet-ish outfield

Need to bowl tight, bowl dry, and rely on Ashwin and Jaddu to get through this first innings. If we can keep them to around 350 it will be decent. Probs gonna rain a ton so a weather affected draw won't be the worst result, especially since it seems like the 4th test won't be happening at the Gabba :ph34r:

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Wash out, India wins the 4th which gets moved from the Gabba to win 2-1 so NZ stays no 1, then Australia loses a test to Rabada and Nortje, before Jamieson decimates India in the WTC final as Kane scores another daddy hundred. Sorted.
But isn't the final outside NZ ?

Daemon

Ashwin has 5 wickets @ 81 at the SCG.

Kuldeep did take five, but it's worth mentioning who the five were - Khawaja (who can't play the ball turning away from him), Head, Paine, Lyon, Hazlewood (who scored 25 first).

Here are the averages in the last 10 years for visiting spinners:
WACA - 51.64
MCG - 52.76
Bellerive - 57.12
SCG - 59.10
Gabba - 63.73
Adelaide - 73.96
New Perth - 91.00

Australian spinners:
New Perth - 16.80
Adelaide - 30.94
Gabba - 32.94
MCG - 36.08
Bellerive - 38.75
SCG - 38.93
WACA - 48.00

"SCG so spinny" is probably the biggest trap in cricket.
@Prince EWS how did you get these stats btw?