• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Aus vs India, Adelaide oval 17th-21st December

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The groundsmen also did not have the time to prepare like they usually do, right? It maybe one of those pitches that quickens up with more and more sunlight on it. Think we have to eek out as much as we can (not that it is ever a bad strategy, especially batting first) but if the pitch can quicken up later in the day, it would be so good if we can find ourselves with the new ball around the twilight session on a pitch that is quickening up.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Overrate chat is the worst
yeah. i don't see what the big deal is if a game goes 20 min overtime or whatever. if its an exciting match nobody is looking at their wrist watch thinking i need to be home by 10 not 10:30! It's not like matches end during the day when people might have appointments

cnerd123

likes this
I think everyone is overestimating the difficulty of this wicket. 300 is par at minimum here imo. I've seen nothing today to suggest otherwise except for the very slow outfield. Australia were just bang on with the bowling. Will have to see if India can replicate that.
There was fairly consistent seam and spin for the Aussie bowlers, but nothing too crazy. Bit of h00p under lights with the 2nd new ball for a while. Slow outfield, timing the ball seemed tricky, so 300 is probably par not minimum. But let's see if India can get the same purchase out of the track. Won't be surprised if they can't and Smith/Labu pile on the runs.

Hope Ashwin and Saha get stuck in and add another 50 runs or so here.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
yeah. i don't see what the big deal is if a game goes 20 min overtime or whatever. if its an exciting match nobody is looking at their wrist watch thinking i need to be home by 10 not 10:30! It's not like matches end during the day when people might have appointments
I also don’t care if they’re a few overs short for the day - I haven’t been ‘robbed’