• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

aussie tragic

International Captain
Aussie A side

1. Burns
2. Pucovski
3. Harris
4. Head (c)
5. Green
6. Maddinson
7. Paine (+)
8. Pattinson
9. Neser
10. Steketee
11. Bird

Batting order as per team sheets given to Foxtel. Not sure why Green is batting ahead of Maddinson, or Pattinson ahead of Neser?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If I knew this was in Drummoyne I might've gone. Maybe I should go tomorrow.

Gun that was have coverage and a good commentary lineup though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cribbeh HMU if you’re going tomorrow. Have a hearing in the morning but might be able to get down there for a couple of hours in the arvo

Drummoyne a genuinely good ground to watch cricket. Has the added advantage of being adjacent to God’s Peninsula too.

Last edited:

Burgey

Also, how come test vice captain Travis Head is skippering the side when test captain Tim Paine is in the side?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also, how come test vice captain Travis Head is skippering the side when test captain Tim Paine is in the side?
Probably wanted to give him some experience with it. He was a genuinely good skipper of SA, if he can hold down his place in the Test side he'd be a good pick to take over when Paine hangs them up.

It's such a big if though. He's a better captain than he is a Test bat.

Burgey

He does have weaknesses but they were never as exploitable or obvious as those that Bancroft/Harris had. He's a decent batsman, the kind that can fill a gap until a better guy comes along. He does have a tendency to go large when he does get runs, which is nice.
this pretty much sums it up for me tbh. Not really world class butdemonstrably better than Bancroft and Harris, each of whom had quantifiable negative net impacts on the last Ashes series.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Starc has just withdrawn from the T20 series due to a family illness.

That leaves only 3 pace bowlers in the squad (Hazlewood, Abbott and Tye) with the best replacements playing the A game

Last edited:

morgieb

The idea of Brad Haddin and Tom Morris being commentators should be a crime punishable by death.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I was thinking of heading over tomorrow instead of going back to God's Waiting Room, but obviously that's a waste of time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No faith in Shaw at all. Looked completely out of sorts in the IPL too
Has he done anything of note at all since the ban? I remember him slapping a quick fifty on a difficult pitch in NZ but it wasn't exactly convincing, and I can't really remember him doing anything else at all since late 2018. Not heaps of cricket across that period between his injury, his ban and COVID I know, but still.

Daemon

Has he done anything of note at all since the ban? I remember him slapping a quick fifty on a difficult pitch in NZ but it wasn't exactly convincing, and I can't really remember him doing anything else at all since late 2018. Not heaps of cricket across that period between his injury, his ban and COVID I know, but still.
he had a pretty good but short ranji season in the lead up to the test series

tony p

State Regular
Just tuned in to watch todays play, looks like the match doesn,t have first-class status which is disappointing.