• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India's Tour of Australia 2020/21 - General discussion

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, Pant is fine against mostly seam bowling attacks as a keeper and even as a batsman.
Yeah he was decent out here last time, but from what I've seen would Saha be considered the better gloveman?

Thanks for the rundown on Rahul. Thought sort of came to me when I recalled a few blokes worrying about the batting depth for this tour and thought I'd throw it out there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah Saha is definitely the better keeper but I suppose with very little sideways movement in the Aussie tracks it is not as much of a point of difference as it can be elsewhere. And either ways, Pant is decent as a keeper.

Daemon

Yeah Pant has shithouse keeping technique but he makes it work to a reasonable degree so it’s not a big deal in Australia imo.

Now that we’ve said this I’m sure he’ll drop Smith on 0 or something.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Saha is definitely the better keeper but I suppose with very little sideways movement in the Aussie tracks it is not as much of a point of difference as it can be elsewhere. And either ways, Pant is decent as a keeper.
I agree with the first sentence but not the second. His keeping, for someone who does internationally it for a crust, is ****. It's better than Rahul's, but all the same.

You can kinda just get away with it in Australia though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I agree with the first sentence but not the second. His keeping, for someone who does internationally it for a crust, is ****. It's better than Rahul's, but all the same.

You can kinda just get away with it in Australia though.
Well, he is not gonna miss simple nicks etc. And he is (or at least was) flexible enough to dive around and cover some ground. Maybe I have lesser expectations of the modern keeper than you do, though. :)

gabbadan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rahul also was very polite in a near collision patting Smith on the back.
Nice to see a keeper smiling like he does too.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Something to play for. England just took the ICC #1 T20 ranking by beating SA 3-0. To get it back, Australia need to beat India 2-1

For India to take the #2 ranking from Australia they need to win 3-0

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
7 Ashton Agar, 8 Sean Abbott, 9 AJ Tye 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Josh Hazlewood

Just looking at the squad and realised there's a really good chance we field this bowling attack today, and every chance agar also doesn't play with him potentially injured. **** is bleak.

gabbadan

The bookies have the aussies about 1.75 in the ODI's they were about 1.55.
Luck could play a part tonight.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
The bookies have the aussies about 1.75 in the ODI's they were about 1.55.
Luck could play a part tonight.
Just checked sportsbet and India are 2.10. Is that fixed price or tab? Considering the injuries aus have think India should slight favourites, seems like good value.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Rahul also was very polite in a near collision patting Smith on the back.
Nice to see a keeper smiling like he does too.
He needs to get **** right between his own ears before worrying about the rookie's nerves. Haven't seen a more talented yet confused Indian batsman in ages.

EDIT: I meant the Green incident.

TheJediBrah

ODIs too tbf. Australia were very lucky to win the first two tosses on the win toss win game wickets.
Generally the shorter the game the more luck comes into it. However if we're talking about winning the toss it's the opposite. The toss plays a bigger role in Tests than any over form.

Daemon

Generally the shorter the game the more luck comes into it. However if we're talking about winning the toss it's the opposite. The toss plays a bigger role in Tests than any over form.
My views on this will depend on the outcome of the tosses in the coming test series.

As a general rule if your team loses after losing the toss, it is customary to make a post congratulating the opposing team with a phrase about the toss slipped in to discredit the win slightly. This typically sparks a toss debate that leads to discussion about Nagpur and Ravi Ashwin's inability outside the subcontinent.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like the idea of visiting team always getting to choose to bat or bowl first, really.

gabbadan

Just checked sportsbet and India are 2.10. Is that fixed price or tab? Considering the injuries aus have think India should slight favourites, seems like good value.
2.10 India is fixed on say bet 365 ATM. Good value right now.
This will change after the toss.