• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Spintolose

U19 Cricketer
This partnership, worth 94 runs ATM, is the highest 2nd wicket partnership for England in their last 14 Tests.

Another 6 runs and it will be the first century partnership for the 2nd wicket for England since Vince and Stoneman Vs NZ at Christchurch in March 2018
Can you confirm whether this is the highest any wicket partnership for England against Ireland in Tests?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought Stones was the best bowler by a distance. Broad's opening spell was trash.
I was surprised to read the bit about Broad, as I'd followed the first 15 overs or so of Ireland's innings and agreed with your assessment.

What sort of speeds was Stone hitting?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was surprised to read the bit about Broad, as I'd followed the first 15 overs or so of Ireland's innings and agreed with your assessment.

I don't really remember but I think he was touching 90. Certainly looked very quick.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year

Broad came back really well tbf. But wasting the new ball was criminal.

andmark

International Captain
I wonder what it feels like to be bowling to a nightwatchman who bats to the extent that they have to consider them to be a serious batsman.

cnerd123

likes this
Another 13 runs and Jack Leach will have the highest score by an English opener since Jennings' 146 vs SL in Galle in Nov 2018

King Pietersen

International Captain
Roy's playing nicely since lunch, less frenetic, playing it later, and only been beaten by the odd very good delivery. Much more like it. Needs to keep it going.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does that mean 90 mph Woooood is not needed anymore
Well seeing as he is supposedly out injured till the 4th ashes test and knowing his track record he will have a setback so he will probably be out of the series then he may not play again if Archer and Stone do ok.