• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Leach's FC batting record is pretty mediocre so this is impressive. Only 2 50s in 108 innings and a career HS score of 66.
He was a genuine number 11 averaging about 8 until a couple of years ago. Has scored a few 30's and a couple of 50's since so has clearly worked hard at it.

Uppercut

i get what you're saying but he looks to have no plan beyond swing and hope. doesn't appear to trust his defence at all.
I wouldn't either tbf.

I think he'd probably prefer to face Starc. Seems to hate having time to think about his shots.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Aside from form, Foakes's problem is that he's another lower order middle player. He's probably not a better #3 than Denly, and Bairstow and Root are reluctant to bat there. Is the upgrade from Foakes in the middle over Denly 3 worth the likely downgrade you get from Root or Bairstow batting where they're not as comfortable?

Probably yes IMO, but I don't think it's a question with an obvious answer, and Foakes's form being a bit meh is swinging it one way.
The correct answer is Woakes bats 3.

vcs

Vettori looked like one of those guys who pretend to be geeks, but actually write movie scripts, do standup comedy and ride racing bikes.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Leach
2. Burns/Roy/Denly/Jennings/Trescothick/literally whoever
3. Woakes
4. Root *
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Foakes +
9. Archer/Moeen
10. Broad
11. Anderson

Do it you cowards.

cnerd123

likes this
This is crushingly disappointing

Hope Ireland turn this around soon and keep the chase to below 350 before Porterfield, Stirling and KOB smash them to victory in the 4th innings

vcs

So that's the lead pretty much wiped out. Great platform for England with Root, Bairstow and co. to come in and do a bit of downhill skiing.

cnerd123

likes this
This partnership, worth 94 runs ATM, is the highest 2nd wicket partnership for England in their last 14 Tests.

Another 6 runs and it will be the first century partnership for the 2nd wicket for England since Vince and Stoneman Vs NZ at Christchurch in March 2018

trundler

Sigh. So this is like every other time minnow was in the catbird seat after the first innings.