• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

25th Match - New Zealand v South Africa

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Moss

International Vice-Captain
That was a well deserved wicket, CdG has played his role to perfection. But man Markram will be disappointed, had a chance to make NZ pay (and reignite South Africa's campaign).

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is just enough in this pitch that the minute you try to up the run rate the risks go up exponentially.

Borges

International Regular
CdG strikes! The big man has bowled very well.

If they score eight an over from here, they would reach about 280 or so. Which is probably what they should still aim for.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's par on this pitch you think? I mean the way they are playing will be fair only if par was below 250. In a must-win game with so many wickets left, they must go after a score above par.
I think it's hard to know because so much depends on the atmospherics - as much as it does the deck. I'd have thought 260-270 was par, but they won't make that now unless Miller goes beserk. All these blokes getting starts then getting out - it kills you when conditions are like this and you can't just come in and go hard from ball one. There's been a copule turn as well, so Tahir might be a factor here. I don't know whether SA otherwise has the bowlers to take the pace off and get some purchase off the deck. Guess we will see.

I mean that shot by Makram there is brain dead. He doesn't deserve to live. You either soak up balls and bat a bit of time or you throw wood like he did there. You can't do both.

aussie tragic

International Captain
What's par on this pitch you think? I mean the way they are playing will be fair only if par was below 250. In a must-win game with so many wickets left, they must go after a score above par.
They said on comms that 290 was average 1st innings score, so 280-285 for 49 overs

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's hard to know because so much depends on the atmospherics - as much as it does the deck. I'd have thought 260-270 was par, but they won't make that now unless Miller goes beserk. All these blokes getting starts then getting out - it kills you when conditions are like this and you can't just come in and go hard from ball one. There's been a copule turn as well, so Tahir might be a factor here. I don't know whether SA otherwise has the bowlers to take the pace off and get some purchase off the deck. Guess we will see.

I mean that shot by Makram there is brain dead. He doesn't deserve to live. You either soak up balls and bat a bit of time or you throw wood like he did there. You can't do both.
Now I'm thinking of a cricket court run by Burgey handing out death penalties left, right and center to finger spinners

Borges

International Regular
With the sun out, this pitch should get easier to bat on as the day progresses. The toss was so important.