• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - England v South Africa at The Oval

ajdude

International Coach
Wonder if they've done it for the Australian/Asian TV market. Doesn't really make sense to have 10:30 starts for weekday games from a local perspective.
australia’s match on saturday starts at 10:30pm our time so it’s hard to say

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Wonder if they've done it for the Australian/Asian TV market. Doesn't really make sense to have 10:30 starts for weekday games from a local perspective.
D/N cricket is an irrelevance at this time of year as it's light anyway. Would have preferred it myself for obvious reasons but never mind. A better timezone for the global audience so it's understandable.

Pleased with this start.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kinda surprised that Pretorius isn't being hit out of the park more. Some innocuous stuff.

SeamUp

International Coach
Please ditch the short ball to Roy ploy. He is batting smart. Hitting it straighter and down to the open space.

SeamUp

International Coach
I won’t mention not picking Dupavillion as a replacement for Nortje.
You and me both.

I have this feeling they want him to perform in 4-day cricket first before even an SA A call-up. Not sure I agree with it. To be fair, it looks like he was at HPC yesterday for physical check up with Vincent Barnes along with Bosch and Burger that I know of.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Pretorius going for 13 off his first 3 is huge (if completely undeserved). He should be targeted for 80 off 10 realistically by this England batting line-up (or, if he shares overs, 80 off the combined 10.)

SeamUp

International Coach
Good start Andile. Still think he could be the decider how we do this WC. If he performs on top of the expected it gives us more security between batsmen and bowlers.