• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

the big bambino

International Captain
Because this isn't Facebook comments. CW doesn't exist as a battleground for the great supporters' wars where you have to defend the honour of your team by insulting the team of the anyone who criticises it. If you act it out in that fashion you'll end up permanently banned rather quickly, just like pretty much anyone else who has tried to be a regular poster with this attitude.

Flem is not just a foot solider for the team supports -- he has actual opinions and if you think of the team he supports somehow invalidates them, then as I said you are on the wrong website. Go take your petty nationalistic point-scoring elsewhere. If you disagree with him about Jadeja then you're free to argue with him, but "lol ur team sux" is not an argument. If he'd made the argument that NZ were better or something of that nature it'd be a different story, but that's nor what he did, and trust me he is under no illusions as the quality of lack thereof of the team he follows.
You see that R!TTER? That's how you get a sledge in.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tubby Taylor retired about this age. Captaincy adds years to your body and mind ha
Neither of them had the true trial of club cricket captaincy though. They weren't calling up their 55 year old ex player at 11pm the night before to try and get an 11th player, or emailing amazon to find out why the loam hasn't been delivered. Test captains have it easy

Niall

International Coach
Why is everybody trying to replace the bowlers when both the teams batting was suspect? There was not an innings >300 and the pitch was better than that.
Because he contributed nothing whatsoever on a favorable pitch where his opposite number the supposedly inferior Ali bowled his team to victory. His awfulness was the primary reason that India lost a test that was at there mercy. He might have some more goodwill if he hasn't done absolute **** all in the previous two tests also.

He has ultimately only performed to an acceptable level in one of the four tests he has played, the much more maligned Pandya for all his flaws has outperformed him as he was he played a key role in India's win.

Pandya however was always considered a punt etc while supposedly Ashwin is the best spinner in the world. So yeah Ashwin deserves all the criticism he has copped.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really wasn't the primary reason though. He's 100% right that the first innings batting is what lost us the game. That collapse from Kohli's wicket on was absolutely pathetic.

flibbertyjibber

So have we known Cook was going for a while and that is why Jennings is still in the side as he played spin so well on debut and our first tour of the winter is Sri Lanka?

Probably drop him now I said that.

Burgey

Going to be very odd not seeing Cook opening come the next Ashes. Kind of the Gooch of this era - a constant in a revolving door. Hope he goes out in style.

Plus, it would be good to see India go home with a 4-1 defeat after such a roller coaster series which has been so competitive.

andmark

International Captain
Come to think of it, England have in the past been guilty of complacency in last matches of series they'd already won. Cook's retirement could provide impetus to avoid a repeat of such performances.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't Cook suppose to overtake Tendulkar's run tally? :ph34r:

Jokes apart this is gonna be a huge relief for teams around the world, and a big loss to England. Even though India has been all over him this series and even in the last series in India, he's still one batsmen I'd rather not see in an opposition side given his ability to make big scores and more importantly hang around for long periods of time. Full respect to him Alastair Cook on his excellent career.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Great batsman. For a long time, he was hailed as the only one possible to overtake Tendulkar's records which is a great thing. Good luck to him.

Kirkut

International Regular
I'm proud of our fast bowlers this series, no complaints at all. Our fragile batting lost this, got to say that India being a batting powerhouse is a thing of past now like Pakistan being a bowling powerhouse. Remove Kohli and the rest are fragile.

We batted poorly against Moeen but Ashwin made no use of conditions to his advantage.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Heard that Kuldeep Yadav was playing in India against Australia A today. He got kicked off the tour quickly didn't he? He was being pipped as a genuine chance for the Tests I'm surprised they didn't keep him on tour.

Daemon

Heard that Kuldeep Yadav was playing in India against Australia A today. He got kicked off the tour quickly didn't he? He was being pipped as a genuine chance for the Tests I'm surprised they didn't keep him on tour.
Much better of gaining experience there than warming the benches. After his shocker it was clear that Jadeja would be next in line so no point keeping him around.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mohammed Siraj has been unbelievable last couple of years just took 8 wickets in an innings against Australia !, but who on earth could he replace. Unfortunately and unluckily for him, Ishant, Bhuvi, Shami, Bumrah, Umesh are all above him in the pecking order and deservedly so.
Will Shaw play next game? I think he will replace Rahul. Would like to see Vihari play, at the expense of Dhawan (and open with Pujara) but cannot see them doing that. Or perhaps Vihari will come in for Pandya.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Cook in that tour of India in 2012 was such a beast. Great career.

Ashwin made such a promising start to this series. I do think he is carrying an injury. They really need to be open about his injury status and not have selected him if he was still not 100%. Jadeja on that pitch with the rough outside the left handers off stump could have been deadly.