• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Yeah and he will do that while all we get out of the rest of the top order is a classic 50 from Root.

So tell us.....who the **** are we replacing him with? All very well saying he should be dropped.....but who's coming in?
We all know how much you are in love with Cook so it doesn’t matter who anyone says.

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Will be a choke if there is no declaration.

Haven't seen a single minute of this game till now since I'm out. Hopefully catch up with some play tomorrow.
I would say it's well poised but the weather in the UK is pants so anything can happen but even so a declaration should be made to force the game and show some confidence in their second innings if/when needed.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
broad is holding woakes back?

hang on, before the past couple of days with the exception of the test under lights at adelaide woakes has bowled like absolute dog **** for about 2 years at test level.
So Broad is holding back Woakes and he wants Burns as captain. Yet he calls us thick?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
We all know how much you are in love with Cook so it doesn’t matter who anyone says.
Childish answer.

I've no doubt Cook is all but done and if we had viable alternatives to bring in then yep I'd be all for dropping him (actually I think he would retire if that were the case)......but we don't mate. You said the morons will be saying that Cook still has it when he makes a score after a dozen tests........the true morons are saying drop him with nfi who can replace him. FFS we still can't find a replacement for Strauss in the opening spot.

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
Guess someone has a tree and maybe a golden carriage... But being real he should just go,, we all know England aren't a bad side so infill the weak links and test other players.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which spinners play in Sri Lanka? Would be very surprised if 3 play, given that playing 3 spinners has never worked.
Well I would imagine Moeen will go as an all rounder, Rashid and one of Bess or Leach. Can't see all 3 playing but can play Rashid and Moeen with Stokes/Woakes to give us a long batting line up.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Guess someone has a tree and maybe a golden carriage... But being real he should just go,, we all know England aren't a bad side so infill the weak links and test other players.
1) Eng are a bad (I'd rather say poor) side right now.
2) We've tested everyone.......as far as I can tell I'm next on the list to be tried in the top order ffs.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Childish answer.

I've no doubt Cook is all but done and if we had viable alternatives to bring in then yep I'd be all for dropping him (actually I think he would retire if that were the case)......but we don't mate. You said the morons will be saying that Cook still has it when he makes a score after a dozen tests........the true morons are saying drop him with nfi who can replace him. FFS we still can't find a replacement for Strauss in the opening spot.
Stoneman was way better than Cook in Aus, at least in the competitive games that mattered. Where was Cook when the series was on the line? Jennings is currently having a better series than Cook, yet we keep blooding these openers to partner Cook. Well, time Cook got the chop. I don’t care about the player he once was.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Yep, I think gradually Smith is trying to fix the gaps. But it’s clear you understand it better than anyone!!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Stoneman was way better than Cook in Aus, at least in the competitive games that mattered. Where was Cook when the series was on the line? Jennings is currently having a better series than Cook, yet we keep blooding these openers to partner Cook. Well, time Cook got the chop. I don’t care about the player he once was.
Do we give up now once a series has been won? Every test match matters mate.

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
1) Eng are a bad (I'd rather say poor) side right now.
2) We've tested everyone.......as far as I can tell I'm next on the list to be tried in the top order ffs.
Okay, I have English roots from my mums side so I'll join you in the middle (I am also an British citizen)... This will be fun first one walking walks and gets the cold ones in x

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Do we give up now once a series has been won? Every test match matters mate.
Nah. That’s not acceptable. The only runs he makes is on one of the flattest pitches ever when the series is gone and when the guy who had him on toast was injured. Did he contribute in any way before that when England were still in the series? Of course he didn’t!

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah. That’s not acceptable. The only runs he makes is on one of the flattest pitches ever when the series is gone and when the guy who had him on toast was injured. Did he contribute in any way before that when England were still in the series? Of course he didn’t!
Starc got him out 2 out of 6 times before Melbourne mate....the same as Lyon and Hazelwood.

So who was making all the runs when the series was live? Why are you singling out the bloke that managed a 200* in the series and not the blokes that top scored with 50's? Cook made 2 double tons last calendar year and ave 47..........if you can put up a viable name (and I've asked a few times now) who should be opening the batting instead then we've got a conversation............but right now you are talking hore****.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cook certainly isn't going so well that his place shouldn't be questioned, but the question is answered fairly quickly and easily when you realise he's opening with Keaton Jennings. In a more ideal world Cook would probably be dropped by now, but we don't live in one of those, and we should probably wait until he's the worst opener in the eleven before comparing him to those outside it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I have to wonder about people who get their kicks ****fighting over how terrible the side that's wining this game and series is. Some people love effing misery.

Since this thread today is going to be whinging about not declaring, while forgetting that they made this decision yesterday under the wrong assumption it was going to rain, I'm out.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is quite remarkable how every opener we've tried in recent years has been found wanting - I can see Hales being asked to do a Rashid by the end of this series

Shadowplayer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Even if they don't force a win in this match, England have it covered. India fall apart like an unstitched jacket in swinging conditions...............relax the series is ours.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Starc got him out 2 out of 6 times before Melbourne mate....the same as Lyon and Hazelwood.

So who was making all the runs when the series was live? Why are you singling out the bloke that managed a 200* in the series and not the blokes that top scored with 50's? Cook made 2 double tons last calendar year and ave 47..........if you can put up a viable name (and I've asked a few times now) who should be opening the batting instead then we've got a conversation............but right now you are talking hore****.
Actually most of the team was making runs. Was that a double ton against the Windies? I’ve said already, they keep throwing in new guys to partner Cook so there are plenty of options. I don’t know why you’re singling me out since it’s quite clear that so many people think Cook is done. But you know what? He will probably go and make a hundred in the fifth test when the series is gone and india’s Bowlers have broken down on a flat one and everything will be good again! Typical English mindset and thankfully Smith at least has he balls to make big calls. But you know this is the biggest no brainier of all.