• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously though, that's the second time this year Kohli's played a borderline ATG knock to drag India back in the match. Is there a case to take him over Smith in Tests if he does well for the rest of the series?

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thank god it is a five test series. Feels so much more comfortable, like a real series. I have had far too many two and three test series in my life.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You've gotta wonder how England continue to be this bad at fielding. They poor more money into fielding coaches and fitness trainers than any other side and yet they remain every bit as dire as Pakistan on a bad day.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Nice Gary, CricAddict, looks like only Gary and I are still standing.
Yes. Mr Miyagi and garylyon are the only ones standing now. Today's questions.

1. Will Root score fifty or more today?
2. Will Ashwin take 4 or more wickets this innings?

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry trundler. This round is only for Miyagi and Lyon as they are the only ones who won the previous round. Once this series is over, Ill start the next one.

Also, Just to give more context, Planning to have the list of each round's winner consolidated to have a knockout round in the final test with just the winners to determine overall champion. Hope it works.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Desert Storm level knock from Kohli. Imperious in that final session. Not to mean he's overcome his mental failings against the swinging ball, but this will do his confidence good.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Desert Storm level knock from Kohli. Imperious in that final session. Not to mean he's overcome his mental failings against the swinging ball, but this will do his confidence good.
The desert storm knock is an unforgettable moment in my life. I was in my childhood then and I was seriously looking at Sachin like a God that day. :) The day that transformed me from being his normal fan to being an ardent fan.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Kohli is such an animal

There was a brief moment after he crossed 50 where you could see him trying to refocus himself, but he couldn't help having a little smile at having achieved this small yet important milestone.

The next ball he played a loose stroke and was dropped at second slip again.

Since that ball he was basically flawless. We criticise the man for his selections and leadership and the stuff he says to the media, but there is absolutely no questioning his desire and hunger. 100% I would rather be on Kohli's team than playing against him, and yesterday's innings was why. If you don't take your chances he will make you play, and if he gets in the zone he is absolutely irresistible. WAFG. Hope he has a big series here - then he would have conquered Australia, South Africa and England as an Indian batsman.

Also how good was that ball from Ash to Cook? Better than the first innings. Fantastic bowling.

Such a great test. Tonight I can finally stay up and watch all of the third session - I've missed the best action in both days so far.
Indian this week?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'll be happy if we could knock England over for anything under 250. Ash to take 5 for us. Come on boyos.

Borges

International Regular
Though Kohli garners all the glory in the aftermath that innings, in the Anderson-Kohli sweepstakes, it is Anderson 1 - Kohli 0