• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

cnerd123

likes this
So even Sky's gone to **** now? Sigh.
I've been flicking between Sky and Star and Star has been much better.

But generally best solution has just been to watch the game on low enough volume that the commentary is non intrusive but I can still hear the bat and ball. Really wish we could keep the stump mics and mute the comms.

This is a decent over by Hardik. Ashwin just needs some support from the other end so he can work.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
IBut generally best solution has just too be watch the game on low enough volume that the commentary is non intrusive but I can still hear the bat and ball.
Haha they let us do that here throughout a rugby league season via the red button a couple of years ago. Feature is gone now; I guess no-one used it. It'd probably work better for cricket though.

cnerd123

likes this
Urgh feels like Ashwin is resorting to ODI mode Vs Bairstow because Bairstow is trying to score off him. Doesn't want to give away the boundary, and so is willing to bowl flatter and shorter and be less of a wicket taking threat.

That's not what we need now

Howe_zat

Audio File
One of the central attractions to attending the game live is to escape the TV commentary. It's a conspiracy IMO.

Going on Saturday ftr, with Howe Snr.

cnerd123

likes this
Like, if the seamers can bowl dry from one end that should, in theory, give Ashwin the freedom to look for a wicket even if it means getting a bit of tap. Hardik is doing a decent job so far just keeping it tight, so Ashwin shouldn't be in ODI mode and should go back to tossing it up and full and inviting the big shots.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
One of the central attractions to attending the game live is to escape the TV commentary. It's a conspiracy IMO.

Going on Saturday ftr, with Howe Snr.
Eagerly awaiting your disappointed post about how he decided he forfeit that advantage by buying one of those Sky headset things at the ground.

cnerd123

likes this
Genuine edge but wouldn't have carried. But that's what you get for bowlig in the channel. Good couple of overs these from Pandya

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Genuine edge but wouldn't have carried. But that's what you get for bowlig in the channel. Good couple of overs these from Pandya
He has decent pace. If he can work a bit on variations and develop his bowling, he can be useful.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Eagerly awaiting your disappointed post about how he decided he forfeit that advantage by buying one of those Sky headset things at the ground.
Hahaha, if he did that I'd ask what he's done with the real Howe Snr.

A central part of having the confidence to start CW Commentary was endless sessions growing up with -

'What are these 'erberts blathering on about?'
'I could do better than this burble you know'
*annoyed sniff*
*resumes reading paper*