• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Sam Curran 3rd quick? How ****ed are England going to be when Broad and Anderson retire
I really don't get Sam Curran's leapfrogging of the Overtons myself. So unless Curran can swing the ball better (which I havn't seen) - he seems like a liability to me despite his county numbers (and his batting ability which will imo make him an allrounder one day - he is definitely very talented with the bat for a "bowler"). All I have seen in Sam Curran is a short bustling pacer who despite his great physical efforts, sprays the ball around a bit.

Craig Overton showed promise in Aus. His faster twin Jamie is in form.

Woakes must be injured again. Woakes was already dropped for Toby Roland Jones, who must be injured again. Wood is crap.

This is pretty dire already for England if either Broad or Anderson get injured or even a major niggle this series.

Of course, he will probably bowl beautiful swing this series with a Dukes ball and look like Wasim Akram (but shorter).

I would tear strips off his selection, but he did do this:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...only-unofficial-test-india-a-in-england-2018/

So he must have something more to him than I've seen him deliver, and all I can think it would be is swinging the Dukes.

Last edited:

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Is it me or is this a very inexperienced England Test side?

Jennings with 7 Tests and Malan with 14 Tests in the batting, and Curran with a Test and Rashid with 10 Tests in the bowling is quite inexperienced..

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buttler is a pretty stunning sight to watch when he gets going. Played brilliantly against Pakistan in the 2nd Test. In this sort of form, he's sure to torment us but it'll be great to watch.

OverratedSanity

Final Predictions:

Highest run-scorer: Root
Highest wicket-taker: Anderson
Biggest disappointment: Kuldeep
Biggest surprise: Ishant will do very well
Man of the series: Buttler
Result: India 2- England 2

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Is it me or is this a very inexperienced England Test side?

Jennings with 7 Tests and Malan with 14 Tests in the batting, and Curran with a Test and Rashid with 10 Tests in the bowling is quite inexperienced..
Just you.

This England team has been gaining experience consistently for player's total sum games played since about 2015 I would wager (whenever Bell was finally exited).

They've consistently had 2 novice bowlers and batsmen for a while now.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Pretty excited for this. Overseas tours are always so much fun.

Who's the keeper, Bairstow or Buttler?
It should be Bairstow but i think they'll make Buttler do it since he bats lower down the order and attacks more which obviously means he's a better keeper.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Final Predictions:

Highest run-scorer: Kohli
Biggest disappointment: Sam Curran
Biggest surprise: Kuldeep to do well
Man of the series: Anderson
Result: India 1 - England 2

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Final Predictions:

Biggest disappointment: Sam Curran
Biggest surprise: Kuldeep to do well
Man of the series: Anderson
Result: India 1 - England 2
How is this even possible? I mean I don't even expect him to play the whole series.

Is he going to do something so depraved that he gets banned for a year or two?

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Final Predictions:

Highest wicket-taker: Broad
Biggest disappointment: Kohli
Biggest surprise: Karthik to do a good job
Man of the series: Root
Result: India 0- England 4

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Final predictions:

Highest wicket taker: Anderson
Biggest disappointment: Root
Biggest surprise: Ashwin, if/when picked, to do well
Man-of-the-series: Kohli
Result: England 2 : India 2

OverratedSanity

Final Predictions:

Highest wicket-taker: Broad
Biggest disappointment: Kohli
Biggest surprise: Karthik to do a good job
Man of the series: Root
Result: India 0- England 4
That's the spirit.

By Karthik you mean he'll do a good job with the gloves? If so that's a brave prediction. If you mean his batting then that won't be a surprise.