• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Firebreaker

Banned
Seeing Murtagh bowl is sad because he could have made his debut ten years ago when England were flirting with duds like Mahmood, Kirtley, Caddick etc

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seeing Murtagh bowl is sad because he could have made his debut ten years ago when England were flirting with duds like Mahmood, Kirtley, Caddick etc
He hasn't always been this good, you know. And Caddick played his last Test 15 years ago, you know.

Flem274*

123/5
I hope Ireland are furiously texting Sri Lanka and the West Indies to lure them over for a game

I think you studiously avoid too many games against western countries until you've got a few kills under your belt.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
@PEWS Also, Caddick was a fine test bowler with over 200 wickets and many heroics. Calling him a 'dud' is really a pathetic insult. As much as I like Murtagh, this comparison is unfair to Caddick.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Ireland are furiously texting Sri Lanka and the West Indies to lure them over for a game

I think you studiously avoid too many games against western countries until you've got a few kills under your belt.
Everyone should just play a test in Ireland instead of the ****** three-day warm-ups they do when they tour England.

Firebreaker

Banned
Imam is not a nepotistic selection. The real nepotistic selections are Azhar and Shafiq who have now become 'senior' players and take their place in the team for granted. Same could be said about Sarfraz

Athlai

Not Terrible
Imam is not a nepotistic selection. The real nepotistic selections are Azhar and Shafiq who have now become 'senior' players and take their place in the team for granted. Same could be said about Sarfraz
Tell us more about nepotism Firebreaker.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Everyone should just play a test in Ireland instead of the ****** three-day warm-ups they do when they tour England.
This has been mentioned numerous times (including by myself), but to play devil's advocate I can imagine some reasons touring teams might disagree.

Sometimes teams lose or do very poorly in "the ****** three-day warm-ups they do when they tour England"... and while losing a tour game doesn't really matter, losing a Test (and by extension an entire "Test series") is a big deal, especially rankings-wise. Secondly I think they'd feel compelled to pick their best eleven, rather than whatever eleven they wanted to give experience to over two short games or whatever they were intending, and I think they'd probably dislike this too.

These aren't compelling reasons not to do this IMO, but they're not things I've really seen others bring up online, and I'm sure they're brought up in cricket board meetings of other teams.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a disgraceful post. Have you heard of cricinfo.com?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Commentary has confirmed that public transport has broken down after thousands of screaming Murtamaniacs desperately try to get to the ground.