• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2018

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's like the guy with the DUI swearing it's his first time driving drunk. I'm not buying first time either. But I also don't think this is as huge a deal as it is made out to be.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Sad thing is it's gonna overshadow Steve Smith's amazing batting skills whenever we assess him I wonder if he retains his Australian and IPL captaincy. I think Cricket Australia will let him off pretty lightly here since he scores 50% of the teams runs. It's also going to lead to a very sour taste in oppositions' mouths. There's not going to be much respect left for him as a person.
Well there choices are between smith and warner. Not exactaly blessed with great captaincy material.

SeamUp

International Coach
Give this man a bells. His name is Oscar and he suits up on the first day of every test.

Eagle-eyed the ball tampering.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There is no world in which this is the first time. Every team in the history of ever tampers with the ball in some non-natural manner.

But.

I don’t see how Smith lasts as skipper after this. This is a major embarrassment for a Test nation which is generally pretty greedy for the moral high ground.

Chrish

International Debutant
he can get 3 consecutive ducks through the rest of the series and he's still streets ahead of the other 3.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. He would be ahead but not by that significant margin considering Kohli had a good SA tour. But Kohli needs to do that in England as well.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Worst effect is bringing out the shouting from the terraces. **** you Smith forever for loosing that **** upon us, you ****er.

SeamUp

International Coach
he can get 3 consecutive ducks through the rest of the series and he's still streets ahead of the other 3.
I would have said that before our summer started but Kohli was so damn awesome in tough SA conditions I think it is closer than we all think.`

Smith of course still has 3 innings but my estimations of Kohli went up massively after the series.

shifty_eyes

U19 12th Man
Its uncertain if Australia did similar thing vs England series at home as well. Chances of getting away with ball tempering at home for them are quite high.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I would have said that before our summer started but Kohli was so damn awesome in tough SA conditions I think it is closer than we all think.`

Smith of course still has 3 innings but my estimations of Kohli went up massively after the series.
until kohli goes to england and proves he's not a walking wicket over there the gap is quite considerable.

that is an absolute eyesore on his record.

smith's got out cheaply here but its not like he's looked utterly clueless as to how to deal with the conditions.

anil1405

International Captain
Irrespective of how Smith performs with the bat for the rest of this series he will still be ahead of the pack. Things however MIGHT change if Kohli steps up in England later this year.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
also it being a 'big 4' needs looking at.

root is not doing anywhere near enough at the moment to be ranked with these guys.

2 test match centuries in 2017 for a guy who plays as many games as he does is poor.

SeamUp

International Coach
until kohli goes to england and proves he's not a walking wicket over there the gap is quite considerable.

that is an absolute eyesore on his record.

smith's got out cheaply here but its not like he's looked utterly clueless as to how to deal with the conditions.
Oh yeah I agree.

But just judging by the tough SA conditions Kohli was awesome carrying his teams batting. The wickets for India were like snake-pits compared to these 'normal' good SA test wickets.

But I agree - massive series for Kohli to come in England and he needs to get things right there to nail down his ability world wide.

srbhkshk

International Captain
also it being a 'big 4' needs looking at.

root is not doing anywhere near enough at the moment to be ranked with these guys.

2 test match centuries in 2017 for a guy who plays as many games as he does is poor.
Yeah but he makes like 3 fifties each test...