• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand 2018

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty incredible after being 2/2 and losing Williamson to umpiring that we now need 80(60), exactly what we failed to achieve in the first match.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Not giving Woakes 10 is an interesting decision to say the least. 235 for 1 in 32 overs since he last bowled.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Daft from Latham, NZ really needed him to bat through as there's not a lot to come after Taylor inevitably wholes out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This should by rights be a great scenario for cdg to finish it, I'm not feeling confident though. As others have pointed out, he hasn't handled pressure very well in these situations so far.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Am I the only one confused that they've left bringing Chris Woakes, their best bowler by orders of magnitude, so late? And at a stage where he won't be able to bowl out anyway?

Match fixing? To keep the series alive? I can't figure it out.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Superhuman from Taylor but geez watching NZ try to finish chases off is painful.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Taylor's made a mistake in going away from his 6,1 or out strategy. Now in real danger of losing this from an easy position

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Can get the required rate all the way down to a run a ball but of course, this nz side can't make things that easy.

Bound to somehow still need ten off the last over.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or has captaincy across the board in cricket been really poor from this generation.

Holder is crap, Smith in LOs is a joke, Kohli makes stupid selections and now we have this.