• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Only the third South African into double figures. Extras playing an underrated knock for both sides as well.

cnerd123

likes this
Wait I forgot Adile Lucky is playing. Batting below Philander? This is like when Pandya batted below Ashwin on debut lol

Stapel

International Regular
Definitely an improvement, the blatantly wrong decisions are more or less out of the game. But I think teams should be allowed more reviews so that they don't have to worry too much about saving them all the time, a lot of time the focus shifts from the game to "whether we should use it or we should preserve it for a key moment in the game".
I agree. I can't see the harm of 4 reviews. It's not like Tests are overly dented by reviews. Apart from that, I think it adds something. But that's personal.

The umpire's call thing can be frustrating, but it has to be there, because the ball tracking system looks neat, but I doubt if its very accurate. A lot of times the simulation doesn't look accurate.
Simulation can be AND has been tested. It's not that hard to actually compare the DRS tracking suggestion with real deliveries. Though there is no such thing as 100% accuracy, it hase been proven far far far better than the human eye.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Simulation can be AND has been tested. It's not that hard to actually compare the DRS tracking suggestion with real deliveries. Though there is no such thing as 100% accuracy, it hase been proven far far far better than the human eye.
And also, the tv graphic is not the real tracking thing iirc. Its much more complicated.

Niall

International Coach
2 bets this test series, South Africa at evs in the first test and India just there at 5/2,,,, market showing no respect whatsoever for India., this is a **** position for South Africa,South Africa rightful favs, but 2/5? India aren't West Indies ffs.

GRAB

First Class Debutant
I think the big concern with more reviews is the impact on over rates, which are already so low in the modern game.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This variable bounce on a day 2 pitch is not good... not seen variable bounce at Wanderers day 2 that I can think of?

Stapel

International Regular
I think the big concern with more reviews is the impact on over rates, which are already so low in the modern game.
Though I can see the point, it seems a bit odd. Unless light is the issue, there is no problem with a 5 minute delay, right?

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There is no point to more reviews, now that the system does not take away a review for umpires call... a review is questioning the umpire's decision; not to take a 50/50 shot at every decisions the umpire makes. If you as a player are as uncertain as the umpire then you should be at risk in losing that review you are thinking of making. This is about player certainty that the umpire got it wrong. More often than not, the umpire is correct.

Last edited: