• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2017/18

BeeGee

International Captain
Very impressed with Nicholls too. He calmly saw the team home while CDG blazed away.

I'd love to see Nicholls at five and Phillips at six.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Pretty fitting way for CDG to pay tribute to his dad. Sensational innings, I thought we were toast.

Nicholls really doing a good job this home season in the ODI side.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm late to this but why did Shoaib Malik bat on after that nasty hit? You'd have thought they'd take head injuries seriously after the hughes incident.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Very impressed with Nicholls too. He calmly saw the team home while CDG blazed away.

I'd love to see Nicholls at five and Phillips at six.
He was looking rubbish until CdG started blasting. Almost as if the pressure of having to score all the runs was lifted and made his life easier.

hate to think what would've happened if CdG wasn't there. Probably crumbled to an all out. CdG was god like - just completely took the game away from Pakistan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
TBF we did end up with a lot of time left due to CDG going bonkers. Theres a chance Nicholls/Tastle/Tail would've limped home too. But yeah CDG was incredible.

smash84

The Tiger King
african duo of grant flower and mickey arthur must be scratching their heads with this pak performance, they can't seem to win anything

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I never sought I'd say this, but it really seems like CdG might just actually be quite good - at least in NZ conditions. Him bullying WI is one thing, but this is a pdg Pakistani bowling attack. Will be interesting to see how he handles Starc and Cummins (if they bother coming that is).

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Grand's century last year in tests was thrilling. It was the first time I thought of him as a genuine, possible world beater. Did it again in his first match back against a very good side.

Guy may be going places.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I never sought I'd say this, but it really seems like CdG might just actually be quite good - at least in NZ conditions. Him bullying WI is one thing, but this is a pdg Pakistani bowling attack. Will be interesting to see how he handles Starc and Cummins (if they bother coming that is).
Pace isn't an issue for Colin, he sees it earlier and better than most. It'll be mentally whether he backs himself to score runs v Australia etc, because he's certainly capable. There's not too many more talented than him in world cricket as he showed last night. Some of his hitting was other-worldly, and to take on Sohail in particular with feet and wrestle the momentum back I thought was some of the most positive bold batting I've seen in a long time. Gee I enjoyed it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...ack-caps-for-twenty20-series-against-pakistan

Sigh, still no Chapman.

But I've always been a fan of Wheeler, so I'm glad to see him back in the mix.
Yeah, the selectors obviously have too much of an ego to admit they got it wrong on Anaru. Chapman is top of the run-scoring charts, Anaru is no form at all. One is 23 one is 34. It's just such a no-brainer but they're being pig-headed about their poor selection option in the first plaace.

I should point out I don't care about T20 internationals, it's just a poor selection issue and the fact Chapman should be exposed to international cricket as is the only straw-grasping relevance to T20 ints.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps they'll cave to the pressure and pick Chapman for the Tri-Series, but then he might get an unplayable Starc yorker and be cast aside again.