• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite throwing wickets away the fact that most of the middle order batsmen were able to string together short 30 run partnerships with Cook was pretty important imo. Pretty much only one inconsequential partnership in the entire innings of 7 between Cook and Curran.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Giving Jackson Bird the Johnson song is stupid, he seems like a good guy.
Johnson was probably the nicest guy to play for Australia........that's not the point.

It's The Barmy Army - to change it would require a bit of thought.
Can't believe I never noticed before, but you're a bit of a hideous poster aren't you?? Have you ever watched Ashes cricket live?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The pitch doesn't seem to have a great deal in it. We know most Test teams these days are excellent frontrunners. Will be interesting to see whether Australia can bat a major part of 5 sessions against a not-so-great attack for these conditions, having already won the series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
If we had to have someone score a healthy double ton against us I would have preferred Cook
Words won't do justice to how happy I am right now for Chef. Easy to say at this stage of the series, but I can honestly deal with 5-0, for "Captain Cook" to have scored a double at the MCG. I'm seriously over the moon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I honestly thought he might have been finished. Hopefully this triggers a run of form for him because we’ve still not adequately replaced Strauss FFS

Victor Ian

International Coach
So good from Cook (m-f-c). Tendulkar had a period where he sucked and then clicked and became awesome again. Maybe Cook can do the same. Probably not, but so good to see him get some joy again. Also so good to see Root get another 50. I think Root is doing that thing where you become a parody of yourself.

Midwinter

State Captain
between Smith and Lyon for man of the series.

Anyone predicting the weather for tomorrow ?
Thinking going down to watch.

ajdude

International Coach
the worst part about today is all the south australian nuffies will be banging on about sayers being hard done by. i almost wish he’d been picked for this test so they’d pipe down once they realize he’d be just as effective as bird