• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Compton

International Debutant
But Hazelwood isn't mcgrath he goes down leg side from time time and on a normal wicket he will go for 3-3.5 without taking wickets. So he will essentially be an ineffective bowler.
That's probably why he's taken 110@24.72 prior to this match. Because he doesn't take wickets on "normal" pitches.

Spark

Global Moderator
But Hazelwood isn't mcgrath he goes down leg side from time time and on a normal wicket he will go for 3-3.5 without taking wickets. So he will essentially be an ineffective bowler.
This will be news to him on Australian wickets, which have been some of the flattest wickets known to man recently where he averages 25.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is it a crime to believe that Hazlewood is:

a. neither "ineffective" on flat tracks
b. is nowhere near McGrath levels yet???

BigCaine

School Boy/Girl Captain
That's probably why he's taken 110@24.72 prior to this match. Because he doesn't take wickets on "normal" pitches.
I am talking normal indian wickets as i said in my first post. Low bounce is what you get on an average indian wicket not on an average ausdie wicket.

Stapel

International Regular
We are not getting anything more than 50 runs lead here, are we?
Lead is nearly 50 now, with 6 wickets in hand.

My standard, yet arbitrary, way of sterminating a par score is a schedule thta looks like:
1/50, 2/100, 3/150, 4/200, 5/250, 6/300, 7/340, 8/370, 9/390, 400 ao.

Anyone is free to think of it whatever he likes, but it helps me to convince myself that you can double up, whatever you score for 4. Right now, that means India will score another 136 runs, setting Aus a target of 186. Thta's a very decent prospect for me, as a neutral.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
India get 150 this is going to be very interesting. 100 more on this deck looks very hard but you never know. Pujara again demonstrating what a gun he is.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We are not getting anything more than 50 runs lead here, are we?
Lead is nearly 50 now, with 6 wickets in hand.

My standard, yet arbitrary, way of sterminating a par score is a schedule thta looks like:
1/50, 2/100, 3/150, 4/200, 5/250, 6/300, 7/340, 8/370, 9/390, 400 ao.

Anyone is free to think of it whatever he likes, but it helps me to convince myself that you can double up, whatever you score for 4. Right now, that means India will score another 136 runs, setting Aus a target of 186. Thta's a very decent prospect for me, as a neutral.[/QUOTE]

Bogus post

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah and we are just abotu 1/3 of the way there.. we have nothing at the moment. Australia can easily get the remaining 6 for 10 runs like they did in Pune. If anything, this pitch is more challenging, esp. from Lyon's end.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Nah.. he is just doing that to double bluff the batsmen. Waiting till he is on the screen and then doing stuff to his finger :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shri, quit trying to sound as if we have a chance here. We don't. We have been lucky enough to get 50 in the lead but honestly, I think Australia will only need to chase 75 given the way our team has batted this series.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This Gambhiring is terrible to wade through. Moderators need to ask for some bare minimum age credentials before allowing posters on.

150, guys. Chennai '01.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I've seen a bunch of supporters as pessimistic as Indian supporters in this thread. And I knew some English supporters in the 90s...