• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

cnerd123

likes this
This commentary is so dire.

Ofcourse you need to make India earn the runs. Everyone ****ing knows that. No one is deliberately trying to let India score rapidly and build platforms and huge large innings scores. That's never the strategy. Obviously they want to bowl try, build pressure and induce mistakes.

It's a question of how. Wish these so called 'experts' would sit down and actually try to think about how you do that in these conditions, against these batsmen, with these bowlers, and not just go on and on about how important it is to do this without any insight into how to actually do it.

Vijay :( A line and length like that from Haze is a good example of how to actually do it.

adub

International Captain
Boof, Hohns, Junior, Chappell,

It's not white ball you dopey ****s.

Hazlewood is the best test quick in the country.

That is all.

cnerd123

likes this
Considering he take most of his wickets by not turning the ball (ever) I'm not sure it really means anything. The key to playing him is to just not play for any turn.
Spinners like O Keefe tend to be trickier out there in the middle than they seem to be from where we sit. It's not just batsmen playing for non-existent turn.

Does he vary his pace well? His flight? Does he always find the right lengths? Does he use angles? Does he have one that skids on more than the stock ball?

I'm excited to find out.

adub

International Captain
This commentary is so dire.

Ofcourse you need to make India earn the runs. Everyone ****ing knows that. No one is deliberately trying to let India score rapidly and build platforms and huge large innings scores. That's never the strategy. Obviously they want to bowl try, build pressure and induce mistakes.

It's a question of how. Wish these so called 'experts' would sit down and actually try to think about how you do that in these conditions, against these batsmen, with these bowlers, and not just go on and on about how important it is to do this without any insight into how to actually do it.

Vijay :( A line and length like that from Haze is a good example of how to actually do it.
Well for a start you'd recognise that SOK bowls full and straight darting towards off stump so the most likely place he's going to be hit towards is mid off.

So yeah lets push mid off back and give away a single every second ball.

Oh and hey Warnie slagging SOK #neverchange

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Spinners like O Keefe tend to be trickier out there in the middle than they seem to be from where we sit. It's not just batsmen playing for non-existent turn.

Does he vary his pace well? His flight? Does he always find the right lengths? Does he use angles? Does he have one that skids on more than the stock ball?

I'm excited to find out.
Can he drop punt off either foot?
How's his left foot step?
Can he break a tackle?
What's the average rainfall in the Amazon Basin?

cnerd123

likes this
You can't deride O Keefe for being a tight, non-turning spinner and then big up Agar as a more attacking alternative Warnie...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Boof, Hohns, Junior, Chappell,

It's not white ball you dopey ****s.

Hazlewood is the best test quick in the country.

That is all.
I don't know about you but I'm thinking this Test needs more Stanlake

adub

International Captain

I'm excited to find out.
SOK doesn't turn many and the ones that do don't turn much.

Yet he has better FC bowling stats than Warne.

Underestimate him at your peril.