• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Meridio

International Regular
It's a strange bit of selection picking Blundell for the squad, saying he's the first choice keeper and then not playing him because you're worried about exposing him to the might of Australia. I mean, if you don't rate someone's psyche, surely you wouldn't pick them in the squad to start with? Don't think it sends a good message; seems a poor bit of man-management if you ask me.

Spark

Global Moderator
This series really is just nuisance value for us, isn't it? If NZ have anything about them they should roll through, given that I'm guessing half the squad and backroom setup has their minds very much elsewhere already.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting looking Australia side today - the bowling as strong as ever though.

Have come around to the bowling-light side we've put up as I agree that Broom and Munro's both offer more as batsmen than CDG as allrounder. Somehow put together ten overs from Neesham, Williamson, Guptill and Munro.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This series really is just nuisance value for us, isn't it? If NZ have anything about them they should roll through, given that I'm guessing half the squad and backroom setup has their minds very much elsewhere already.
Know what you mean, we felt that way when we played you in December prior to Bangladesh touring.

Howsie

International Captain
Making excuses already? Bloody hell.

_Ed_

Can't tell if Cricinfo comment is serious.
"Pat Cummins is the real deal and is probably one of the most talented quick bowlers around. His action reminds of a young and rapid Richard Petrie.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I imagine both sides did tbf. God the scheduling of these series has been dumb.
Yeah, the desire to turn the CH into the Bledisloe Cup of cricket has always been misguided. a) ODI cricket isn't that big of a draw anymore; and b) there's just too much cricket in the schedule already.

Zinzan

I imagine both sides did tbf. God the scheduling of these series has been dumb.
Yeah, I was kidding. Like we'd be looking forward to Bangladesh while playing in Aust. Playing Australia is always a reasonably big thing for NZ, even if the feeling isn't reciprocated. Although having lost this series last year, & with memories of the famous Eden Park WC game between the two sides, I don't think Australian players will be lacking motivation just quietly.

All said, the undoubted highlight for NZ this summer is the South African Test series.

Meridio

International Regular
There's some real pace and bounce in this pitch. Surprised there hasn't been any swing though; it usually does a bit through the air in Auckland.