• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia vs New Zealand ODIs 2016/17

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really? I still think Australia should win pretty well. Still, stranger things have happened.

When does it start?
IIRC you chaps have lost 4 out of your last 5 ODIs here with full strength sides hence why I'll be disappointed if we can't sweep it without Smith and Warner, not that the replacements like Finch aren't good players,.

Game 1 starts this coming Monday.

Zinzan

^ That said NZ have looked fairly ordinary since KW has taken over, suddenly playing very defensively in the field, saying nothing of no-balls, wides and deterioration in the fielding.

Burgey

IIRC you chaps have lost 4 out of your last 5 ODIs here with full strength sides hence why I'll be disappointed if we can't sweep it without Smith and Warner, not that the replacements like Finch aren't good players,.

Game 1 starts this coming Monday.
Yeah but NZ stinks ATM from what I've seen of them.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Imagine being Gibson or Henriques or Hughes or Patterson or Weatherald... and Heazlett gets picked. What a mockery of Domestic Cricket.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf I'd be mad with the Heazlett selection if he wasn't utterly my boy and the fact I think that for a bolter, he's definitely up for it. Definitely worth having him around an international setup early in his career at the very least.

Although you have to wonder whether he was picked on his work in the A series or off the hype on his small contributions which apparently had gumption in the Bash.

TheJediBrah

Heazlett's never played for QLD... Another Greg Chappell special.
tbf that's largely a result of the new Matador format. When you have all the 50 over games for a season in the space of a couple weeks your bound to get players miss the whole thing and literally not play any 50 over cricket for years.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Really? I still think Australia should win pretty well. Still, stranger things have happened.

When does it start?
Australia are an absolute machine in home Odis but they don't have the same aura overseas, especially in terms of their ability to churn out 300 plus scores without Warner or Smith. The bowling is still terrifying but the batting looks far too weak.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Imagine being Gibson or Henriques or Hughes or Patterson or Weatherald... and Heazlett gets picked. What a mockery of Domestic Cricket.
You could add in some more names to the list but especially Marcus Harris. Still young, leading shield runscorer, had a decent Matador and can bat quickly as shown in the BBL. Only potential issue I can see is that selectors wanted a 3-4 and Harris is more an opener but he can definitely bat at 3.

QLD young guys are getting picked so early these days. I've been surprised by all of Renshaw Stanlake Swepson Heazlett selections this summer.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing like waking up and reading the headline 'Wade's to lead in Smith's absence' to get your day off to a bad start.